Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Albums in wavpack do not display album cover
Actually, the Wv files didn't show any thumbnail on my linux box too, so I checked the settings for the thumbnailers but that didn't fix anything.
Also, mediainfo didn't report any embedded album art.

Then I created a copy of one of the audio files shared by the OP, removed the APE TAG from it, created it anew with kid3, added an image to it, and everything went fine. and now mediainfo reports embedded cover art - front

Must say that kid3 was always showing an embedded album art (but it is a powerful tool, and I don't know how many things it tries to do) so I also tried some more things: used ffmpeg to convert from wavpack to flac:
converting the original file => flac does not contain any cover art
converting the copy with "fixed" ape tag => flac has front cover art
the copy with the fixed ape comment also shows a thumbnail in my Linux box filemanager (nemo), as ffmpegthumbnailer is now able to extract its embedded image...

I haven't tried the files in moOde yet, so I cannot say whether they will, or not, show a cover art (expecting a positive here)

the mediainfo failure leads me to think the APE comment was not using the right tag for the cover-art; maybe due to using older an tag version...?

But if you confirm that moOde does indeed show the cover-art, then the tools coming with it are already doing a good job at fixing wrong / old metadata.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Albums in wavpack do not display album cover - by Nutul - 09-11-2023, 11:02 AM