Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: New user, trouble to create library to connect to a synology nas
(04-21-2024, 04:35 PM)sdess Wrote: Hi,

I'm a new user of moOde. I just installed the last version on a raspberry pi 3 Type B.

I'm able to listen some music when I select a radio link, it's a good start.

I have a synology Nas. I created a new user and gave it access to a folder "music"

I'm able to connect to this folder with my windows 11, \\192.168.1.151\music + synology user et password.
There is a folder with 12 music files I'm able to listen on windows.

I tried to create a library like that on moode/configure/library :
Type : Samba
path : 192.168.1.151/music
userid : the ne synology user
Password : his password
name : musicnas.

When I hit scan, moode seems to find nothing.
So I addited the path mannually.

When I navigate to the folder musicnas, it's always empty.

I connected in ssh, I tried to mount the path, but this action has to by done un superuser. I don't have the root password. I assume that it's not necessary.

I don't know what to test next ...
Any help would be great.

Other question : I'm use to access my Nas music library thru Upnp. Does moode have this kind of access ?

Thank you.

Steeve

Just leave every field empty (except for the type, that should be SMB) and press the scan button.
A small spinner should appear for a while in the top-right corner fo the screen; wait for that to disappear, and in the path drop down you should see the found shares on your network.
Then chose the relevant one and fill in the user/pwd and you should be done.

Shall you have already tried this exact method and it found nothing, it could be your NAS uses SMB1.0 version which is deprecated. It should be possible to enable it but ATM I cannot remember where/how.

You can also try the procedure, then post the moode log (/var/log/moode.log)

Messages In This Thread
RE: New user, trouble to create library to connect to a synology nas - by Nutul - 04-21-2024, 08:08 PM