Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: New user, trouble to create library to connect to a synology nas
@sdess

I'm not sure what's going on with your Synology share(s).

I have all my tracks available in an SMB share on an OpenMediaVault server and moOde works very well with it.

Out of frustration because of a number of Synology-related questions in the past, I spun up a now old version of Synology DSM 6.1 as a guest OS in VIrtualBox some years ago (please don't ask how). I have a few test tracks on it, also available in a SMB share. SMBv1.0 protocol support is disabled on this server.

Bottom line: I don't see any difference between the two servers as Music sources for moOde 8.3.9 (or 9.0.0~pre4, for that matter).

One difference from what you describe: the share on my Synology server gives read/write permissions to user "guest" so I don't need to enter a specific username and password. In moOde's Music Source configuration screen, the Userid entry is "guest" and the Password entry is empty. Candidly, I don't believe this is the issue here but I'm not in a position to demonstrate it isn't. I don't want to spend any time fiddling with DSM, past or current.

As an aside, just as Al suggested, SMB shares from both servers show up when I let moOde scan for remote hosts. I can either start there or enter the remote host path manually.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: New user, trouble to create library to connect to a synology nas - by TheOldPresbyope - 04-22-2024, 12:16 AM