Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: New user, trouble to create library to connect to a synology nas
(05-17-2024, 11:34 PM)USSGudgeon Wrote: My Music share is from DSM7 7.2.1 over Samba.  moode never picked up the share correctly with a scan but "<servername>/Media/Music" entered with the slashes going the opposite way windows wanted them to go worked fine Smile (after several times trying the windows way)

Be specific to be terrific.

What does "never picked up the share correctly" mean, exactly. No share paths returned after a scan? Did you get a red x instead of a green checkmark associated with the sharename in the box under Music sources on the Music Library screen? Did you get an error message in the "Click to view mount error" in the Remote host screen? If so, what?

Looking at the Synology site I see a long list of SMB-related changes/fixes in the Release notes for various versions of DSM and of the SMB Service module. I'm not going to trace my way through them, but it feels like nailing jelly to a tree trying to figure why some users encounter difficulties with their Synology NAS.

One thing I noticed is a release note that reads "DSM 7.0.1 by default disables NTLMv1 and enables NTMLv2 only, so SMB clients (e.g., Windows XP devices, media players, network printers, smart TVs, and IP cameras) won’t be able to access your Synology NAS. To restore the connection after the update, go to Control Panel > File Services > SMB > Advanced Settings > Others and enable NTLMv1 authentication."

Considering that, have you read and applied the advice under Advanced/Mount options on the create Music Source screen?

Right now, my moOde 8.3.9 player and my moOde 9.0.0-pre6 test rigs are discovering SMB shares on my DSM 6.1 NAS, my OpenMediaVault NAS, and on my moOde players with SMB service enabled.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: New user, trouble to create library to connect to a synology nas - by TheOldPresbyope - 05-18-2024, 01:46 AM