Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: allow local mpd modifications without overwriting them
(02-09-2021, 06:00 AM)adrii Wrote: It is possible to to duplicate the audio for all audio source using ALSA, but my solution involves overriding the 'hw' plugin, which isn't really a good idea, even though it does work for me

https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/is...-567146826

With Moode 7, all the audio sources are now able to use some common ALSA plugins, so a patch could probably just rewrite one of these in a Moode ALSA configuration file to enable making a copy of the audio in a user ALSA configuration file, while still preserving the original plugin functionality.

Adrian.

Hi Adrian,
I checked out your github comment.  I wasn't aware that someone did this - awesome!  People mentioned that the loopback device killed the onboard sound.  The Cava docs mention this and problem and enabling ALSA multi channel is a fix but a problem on a pi (at the time?).  I'm just throwing stuff out there, I'm not an ALSA expert.

Messages In This Thread
RE: allow local mpd modifications without overwriting them - by hindumagic - 02-09-2021, 06:47 AM