The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 4.2 - iOS "App Mode" & 'Players' switching feature
One nice feature of moOde on iOS is the ability to open the UI in safari and to "save to the home screen" so you get an independent instance of safari without address bar and the like. In effect a moode app! I've been using this feature since I started using moode and it is probably how I most often view the UI.

Another cool feature of moOde - which has become functional for me in 4.2 - is the "Players" feature which allows you to quickly switch to the UI of a different instance of moode on your network. This is very slick and a real time saving on occasion.

Now I have two permanent moOde players on my network (and a third occasional player) all v4.2. My two iOS (ipad mini 2, iOS 11.4.1) home screen icons have been there since moode 3.x and both have the older coloured play button moode icon. The other day I decided to delete one and remake it so it had the new icon and would therefore be quickly distinguished from the other. In doing so I uncovered something I think worth reporting.

If I open the player which was saved to home by moode 3.x (old icon) I can use the player switching in the slick manner I expect.
If however I open the player which was saved to home by moode 4.2 when I switch player it opens safari proper and opens a new tab and loads the selected player. A more time consuming and far less desirable action.
I played about and remade the "app" a couple of times but the behaviour was the same. Not good.

As a workaround I flashed a copy of moode 3.7 to an sd, booted it and saved it to the home screen. Lo-and-behold when boot back to 4.2 and use this icon to open the player switching works nicely without opening safari proper. So I have deleted the versions made with 4.2.

On my partners iphone we have one player saved to home from 3.x with the old logo and the other player saved from 4.0 or 4.1 (I can't saw which tbh). Both those behave nicely when using the "Players" switching function suggesting perhaps this is something to do with 4.2?

I can workaround this issue of course but I thought it worth reporting.

As an aside, though the UI has undergone many changes for the better and is clearly sleeker and more minimal now there was something charming about booting into the now seemingly chucky clunky 3.7 UI. Nostalgic!

Messages In This Thread
moOde 4.2 - iOS "App Mode" & 'Players' switching feature - by FizzyTea - 07-27-2018, 12:02 PM