Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Memory usage / mpd issues as of Moode 6.6.0?
Hi Kent, Tim,

thanks for your quick replies. If you say that there is no visible misconfiguration (and straight from the ISO-image I only changed Timezone and WLAN configuration) my suspicion is either of these

- SD Card health, as kblockd, kswapd0 and high IO wait load seem to point to problems here. But why are the same cards working perfectly well with versions below 6.6.0 then?

- mpd, but maybe mpd is only collateral damage as it is the best choice to kill for oom-killer but not the root of the problem

- switch from kernel 4.x to 5.x, this is as far as I can tell the biggest change between versions 6.5.2 and 6.6.0. But why does nobody else seem to have this problem? It's running fine on Tim's 1B and I guess there are more setups like mine out there...

Well, maybe Kent's proposal is the best way forward. A 3B+ looks good, and I would get Bluetooth support, which would actually be quite useful to me.

Thanks for looking into the issue!

Cheers,
  Martin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Memory usage / mpd issues as of Moode 6.6.0? - by mafeu - 03-28-2021, 09:21 PM