The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Dealing with hidden or ghost files
Trying to get the Library and album metadata detailed and had a lot of things that wouldn't update as I made changes to the tags. I've used the dot_clear and .mpdignore, which got rid of many old sticky tags and one "unknown" album. Just a couple of things remaining that I'd appreciate some help with.

I have two albums that are ghosts in that they cannot be seen. They were duplicates with wrong tags and title, existing together with the correct album intended to replace them. I've now deleted the correct albums and the incorrect albums persist in the Library, and can even be played, but they cannot be seen on the drive, and apparently are not subject to either dot_clear or .mpdignore (which worked on some).

For ease of understanding, the first instance is an Astrude Gilberto album, "A Certain Smile A Certain Sadness" that featured Walter Wanderley and I guess he was initially tagged as "album artist." This album is shown and sorts under "W" regardless of whether the corrected version is on the drive. Secondly, a Norah Jones album, "Feels Like Home," persists after deleting the album on the drive. I was trying to change the genre and it kept showing up under both genres. After deleting correct one, the old one is still there. In both cases these albums still play. 

I am not all that fluent using command line but as best I can tell neither is being found with the find command. Can anyone give me any insight into how to get rid of these?  ~Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Dealing with hidden or ghost files - by lascala_2a3 - 07-24-2021, 03:38 PM