Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 8.2.2 (arm 64) bluetooth issues
(11-09-2022, 03:41 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @audioDrax

Have you updated the firmware on your WF-1000XM4s? at least to 1.3.0 and preferably to the latest which seems to be 1.4.2?

Among benefits of the updated firmware listed by Sony are

Quote:Improves the stability of Bluetooth connection and music playback

Updating is specifically mentioned in their support section as pertaining to issues with Windows 10 which suggests to me it might pertain also to Linux.

I'm amazed at the amount of technology baked into these tiny earbuds. 

My full-size Sennheiser noise-cancelling wireless headphones have performed well against either the on-board RPi bluetooth transmitter or my Creative Tech USB BT-W2 adapter but the Sennheiser has different internal technology so it's not a straight comparison.

All Bluetooth audio products must support the SBC codec. If you choose to get an external Bluetooth adapter try to find one that also supports the additional ALAC codec present in the WF-1000XM4. If you still have young ears you should be able to hear the difference. (By comparison, the Creative Tech BT-W2 and newer support the additional aptX codec present in my Sennheiser.)

Regards,
Kent

Thanks Kent. I will look into this and see what version I have on them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moode 8.2.2 (arm 64) bluetooth issues - by audioDrax - 11-09-2022, 10:27 AM