Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: No Receivers Discovered
Right, I changed it back to "Problem" from "Solved" but the symptoms suggest a network issue thats external to moode software.

You should prolly post more info about your network configuration. Maybe it will provide some insight into what might be blocking the nmap scan.

Residential Routers typically only filter traffic between the local network and public Internet while allowing all packets to pass between local network hosts. On local WiFi, multicast traffic is enabled by converting it to either broadcast or multi-unicast (multicast to unicast).
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-30-2024, 02:00 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Right, I changed it back to "Problem" from "Solved" but the symptoms suggest a network issue thats external to moode software.

You should prolly post more info about your network configuration. Maybe it will provide some insight into what might be blocking the nmap scan.

Residential Routers typically only filter traffic between the local network and public Internet while allowing all packets to pass between local network hosts. On local WiFi, multicast traffic is enabled by converting it to either broadcast or multi-unicast (multicast to unicast).

Sure, I gather it is more a network problem also, but not understanding what the error is showing I'm not too sure.

I run a Unifi network, separated into VLANs. All Moode nodes are on the same VLAN so traffic shouldn't be block between them. There are a few basic firewall rules configured, but even with everything disabled, I still have the same issue.

IGMP snooping and mDNS are enabled across all VLANs.

I am running all Moode nodes on wired etherent.

Is there any other info that is relevant that I may have missed?
In the nmap bug tracker there is a fix listed for Nmap 7.90 [2020-10-03] referencing "nmap: Target.cc:503..." error.
https://nmap.org/changelog.html

However the version that ships with RaspiOS Bookworm is 7.93 and thus will contain that fix.

Code:
pi@moode9:~ $ nmap -V
Nmap version 7.93 ( https://nmap.org )
Platform: aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu
Compiled with: liblua-5.3.6 openssl-3.0.11 libssh2-1.10.0 libz-1.2.13 libpcre-8.39 libpcap-1.10.3 nmap-libdnet-1.12 ipv6
Compiled without:
Available nsock engines: epoll poll select
pi@moode9:~ $

Prolly just google that error and hope it provides some useful links.
Enjoy the Music!
So, it seems the version I have contains nmap 7.80, which is odd because i downloaded it only a few days ago from the download link here.

Code:
pi@MoOde-Sender:~ $ nmap -V
Nmap version 7.80 ( https://nmap.org )                                                                                                                                                                            
Compiled with: liblua-5.3.3 openssl-1.1.1j libssh2-1.9.0 libz-1.2.11 libpcre-8.39 libpcap-1.10.0 nmap-libdnet-1.12 ipv6                                                                                            
Compiled without:                                                                                                                                                                                                  
sudo apt

I did an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, and it still shows V 7.80

So I did upgrade on nmap separately and it shows it as being the latest version (7.91) although nmap -V shows V7.80

Code:
pi@MoOde-Sender:~ $ sudo apt-get upgrade nmap                                                                                                                                                                      
Reading package lists... Done                                                                                                                                                                                      
Building dependency tree... Done                                                                                                                                                                                  
Reading state information... Done                                                                                                                                                                                  
nmap is already the newest version (7.91+dfsg1+really7.80+dfsg1-2).                                                                                                                                                
Calculating upgrade... Done                                                                                                                                                                                        
The following packages have been kept back:                                                                                                                                                                        
 chromium-browser chromium-browser-l10n chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra                                                                                                                                              
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.

pi@MoOde-Sender:~ $ nmap -V                                                                                                                                                                                        
Nmap version 7.80 ( https://nmap.org )                                                                                                                                                                            
Compiled with: liblua-5.3.3 openssl-1.1.1j libssh2-1.9.0 libz-1.2.11 libpcre-8.39 libpcap-1.10.0 nmap-libdnet-1.12 ipv6                                                                                            
Compiled without:                                                                                                                                                                                                  
Also, you reference bookworm, but the version I have installed is bullseye from the download page?

Installing bookworm  from scratch allows the updated 7.93 version of nmap, while the moode V8.3.9 based on bullseye seems to be capped at version 7.80.

So i guess for now I'm stuck until an update version of Moode is released
Just follow the moOde 9 thread and install the latest pre-release. I drop one every couple of weeks or so. The code is becoming more stable with each drop but obviously take precautions, especially with volume!
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=6296
Enjoy the Music!
So with MoOde V9 I can discover the receivers fine, but they output no audio. Even when connecting directly to a receiver and trying to play via spotify connect nothing happens. It just disconnects
Multiroom hasn't been tested yet in the 9 pre-releases but I should be able to get to it in the next couple of weeks.

Are you using HDMI connection?
Does MPD playback to Receiver work?
Enjoy the Music!
(05-01-2024, 10:42 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Multiroom hasn't been tested yet in the 9 pre-releases but I should be able to get to it in the next couple of weeks.

Are you using HDMI connection?
Does MPD playback to Receiver work?

Ah, fair enough. I'll just hang off and keep using what I have for the moment then.

I tired HDMI connection, but I couldn't get any audio from it.

MPD playback is what specifically? I've been trying to cast from spotify only, and no, it didn't work.

Happy to do more testing if you have some specifics in mind.
MPD is the core player for moOde and is used for playing radio stations and files.
Enjoy the Music!