Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Show your audio system
(05-13-2020, 09:18 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
Quote:and a 100w A/B amp on that sub ?

I guess we all have our hangups  [Image: wink.png]

Plinius Wink

Plinius your company Bob - or do you just like their gear ?

High End audio is ok I guess if you can afford it, my interest lies in the amazing results you can get as a tinkerer at home with the modern Class D amps , DSP, and excellent open source software !
Hello to you all. There was a request in my other thread to post some pictures of my setup. So here it goes. 
Speakers are Avantgarde Acoustic Zero XD active speakers. I wanted horn speakers, my wife was against them because they are all "ugly". But when she saw picture of these i got the chance to buy my dream speakers.
[Image: HnHl0ED.jpg]
Another picture of the speaker. I really like the simple design of the speakers, nothing fancy just good looking speaker. 
[Image: Iw6jyNB.jpg]
They have a pretty nice aluminium remote control too. 
[Image: hcfx2Su.jpg]

Here is some source related stuff. Raspberry Pi with the official touchscreen running Moode. Audio GD DI-20 Digital interface with accusilicon clocks. And Ear 834P Deluxe Phono stage.
[Image: bDG3aiP.jpg]
And last but not least. My precious kind a thing. Thorens TD-124. Fully serviced and refurbished. With Swissonor plinth and tonearm board. SME M2-9 tonearm with Hana SL cartridge
Turntable itself is fully serviced with original Thorens parts. And Urs Frei of Swissonor has fixed and refurbished the motor. I demolished the whole deck to bits and cleaned and polished everything under the deck. Someone would say why? I say because I am never going to sell this turntable Big Grin.
[Image: YKzLgUk.jpg]
OMG! A Thorens TD124 looking as fresh as it did the day it came out of the box. I like your style Cool 

I sold off all my analog gear decades ago, LPs and all. I only miss it once in a while, like when I see your pix.

Regards,
Kent
(06-04-2020, 11:07 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: OMG! A Thorens TD124 looking as fresh as it did the day it came out of the box. I like your style Cool 

I sold off all my analog gear decades ago, LPs and all. I only miss it once in a while, like when I see your pix.

Regards,
Kent

Thank you for your kind words. It is really easier to listen music with all the digital services we have now. Actually that is what im using mostly. But always when i have time to sit down and listen to vinyl, i do. Its somehow more relaxing, you really listen to the music and not just click play and do everything else at the same time. 
And these old turntables are a good reminder how we really used to build things to last. Now you just buy something, it gets broken. You throw it away and buy a new one. Somehow it makes me a little bit sad.
I agree.

The digital system I have now is superior in sound quality, convenience, flexibility, and access to more music than I can listen to in a lifetime.

Sometimes, though, I yearn for the days when I had to switch on the tube gear and let it warm up while I took my time to select an LP from the shelves; pull the LP from its sleeve, make sure it was clean of dust or fingerprints [1], put it on the turntable, start the turntable, and gentle drop the arm on the lead-in groove; then sit back and enjoy reading the album cover, occasionally glancing over at the glowing EL34s in my power amp.

Oops, the phone rang, have to get up, lift the arm and park it; try to remember where I had stopped when I come back.

You knew it was HiFi because you could hear the gentle background hiss, especially with electrostatic tweeters Smile

Regards,
Kent

[1] and cat hair! Talk about static cling....
very beautiful....
Someone who loves music..SmileSmile
You didn't disappoint @Ripurapu, love those avantgardes.
They make some of the craziest and best looking horn speakers going, bet they sound pretty nice too.
That Thorens is terrific! Great pics and setup, thanks for sharing.
For my portable speaker, I converted an old pair of Paradigm ADP150 Bi-pole surround speakers.

Had to replace the rotted foam woofer surrounds and replace the single crossover to dual crossover to separate the L/R speaker channels.

The audio is a piZero W with HiFiBerry Amp2 and 128g sd card. Also sdded 6 button controller and MQTT broker support when connected to the internet. 

All my music is with me wherever I bring the speaker even if there is no internet.

[Image: AEfnATm.png]
Very nice!

I love projects which re-purpose old tech.

Regards,
Kent