Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Radio stream recorder
I think you need to be asking @TheMetalHead. I'm not familiar with the RadioRecorder add-in.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-22-2020, 02:46 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I think you need to be asking @TheMetalHead. I'm not familiar with the RadioRecorder add-in.

Ooops sorry Tim and TheMetalHead.  The RadioRecorder works for me but would like to have it be able to work from any IP addressed assigned by the networks DHCP.
Whoa. I learn something everyday. PHP can start a simple web server right from the command line. 

So, being a curious sort, I checked the PHP manual.

Here's a snippet from the section on built-in web server

Quote:Example #6 Accessing the CLI Web Server From Remote Machines

You can make the web server accessible on port 8000 to any interface with:

$ php -S 0.0.0.0:8000

Regards,
Kent
(07-22-2020, 11:53 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Whoa. I learn something everyday. PHP can start a simple web server right from the command line. 

So, being a curious sort, I checked the PHP manual.

Here's a snippet from the section on built-in web server

Quote:Example #6 Accessing the CLI Web Server From Remote Machines

You can make the web server accessible on port 8000 to any interface with:

$ php -S 0.0.0.0:8000

Regards,
Kent
I should have RTM myself. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
(07-22-2020, 08:04 AM)Russ K Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 02:46 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I think you need to be asking @TheMetalHead. I'm not familiar with the RadioRecorder add-in.

Ooops sorry Tim and TheMetalHead.  The RadioRecorder works for me but would like to have it be able to work from any IP addressed assigned by the networks DHCP.

Hello Russ
I should have considered the DHCP usage. I used a static IP on my installation.
Anyway, Kent @TheOldPresbyope has read the manual for me and nudged me in the right direction, I have changed the installer code to attach the php web server to any network interface.
A quick and dirty way to manually change this if the Radio Recorder is already installed is to edit the rc.local file and change the start up command IP address to:

/usr/bin/php -q -S 0.0.0.0:8080 -t /home/pi/RadioRecorder >/dev/null 2>&1

The above assumes 8080 is the port being used. Change as required and reboot.

A final note: it is possible that a software update of moOde may change the rc.local file in some way and render the Radio Recorder inoperative. If that happens, just run the installer again with the same parameters as the original install and reboot.
(07-22-2020, 09:30 PM)TheMetalHead Wrote:

Hello Russ
Anyway, Kent @TheOldPresbyope has read the manual for me and nudged me in the right direction, I have changed the installer code to attach the php web server to any network interface.
A quick and dirty way to manually change this if the Radio Recorder is already installed is to edit the rc.local file and change the start up command IP address to:

A final note: it is possible that a software update of moOde may change the rc.local file in some way and render the Radio Recorder inoperative. If that happens, just run the installer again with the same parameters as the original install and reboot.

Great! Thank you all.  And yes, I think some updates have broken my Moode installation.  JSON errors and made the library inaccessible ("mpd cannot link to library".)  But no worries, I have installed the 6.7 (from 6.6) release and ran the Radio Recorder script.

Strange "end of JSON input errors" again but Moode booted up okay.  Notes on the installation of Radio Recorder script - script calls for 4 arguments. In the example, one of the argument was D1A1-71FE (I believe that could be your usb drive.)  Script works fine provided I create /media/D1A1-71FE directory first (or any directory name provided the directory exits.) 

Also, on adding new station, the first new station is not shown after adding it through the web interface.  I had to manually edit streams.txt file to add a line break at the end of "Station Name 4" entry as the new entry was appended on the same line as "Station Name 4."  Adding new stations after that was ok as it added a new line in the said file.  I think the problem could be  that the original streams.txt file did not end with a line break at the last line. 

Fyi, I reinstalled the Radio Recorder on a Pi Zero W instead as it would be a specific machine to record a weekly Boston radio program early Sunday morning (local time.) A life saver, thanks again TheMetalHead.
(07-23-2020, 03:27 AM)Russ K Wrote:

Hello Russ

Great! Thank you all.  And yes, I think some updates have broken my Moode installation.  JSON errors and made the library inaccessible ("mpd cannot link to library".)  But no worries, I have installed the 6.7 (from 6.6) release and ran the Radio Recorder script.

Strange "end of JSON input errors" again but Moode booted up okay.  Notes on the installation of Radio Recorder script - script calls for 4 arguments. In the example, one of the argument was D1A1-71FE (I believe that could be your usb drive.)  Script works fine provided I create /media/D1A1-71FE directory first (or any directory name provided the directory exits.) 

Also, on adding new station, the first new station is not shown after adding it through the web interface.  I had to manually edit streams.txt file to add a line break at the end of "Station Name 4" entry as the new entry was appended on the same line as "Station Name 4."  Adding new stations after that was ok as it added a new line in the said file.  I think the problem could be  that the original streams.txt file did not end with a line break at the last line. 

Fyi, I reinstalled the Radio Recorder on a Pi Zero W instead as it would be a specific machine to record a weekly Boston radio program early Sunday morning (local time.) A life saver, thanks again TheMetalHead.

Apologies for not replying during the week day. I tend to only browse at the weekend or if I actually need to order something (which happened earlier this week).
Anyway, not sure about the JSON errors. I am installing the latest 6.7.1 moOde on another RPi3 today so I can check the Radio Recorder script on this one.
The D1A1-71FE is my usb drive. The recordings root directory path must exist before running the script.
As for adding the first station, I am assuming this was adding the station to the 'list of streams' via the stream recorder gu. I will give this a try. I can get my script to add the new line to the streams.txt file.
I will post the results today or tomorrow.
OK. Update to Russ K post, I can reproduce the problem with a fresh install of moOde v6.7.1 on a Pi-3B+ 1GB v1.3

I Installed the radio station recorder using ./Install-Radio-Station-Recorder.sh ~ 8080 ~ Recordings
When the end of the script displayed 'Import moOde radio stations [y/n] ?' I selected 'n' to not import moOdes radio stations.
Looking at the streams.txt file in RadioRecorder/res/ we see the stream recorder gui 4 default stations, the last of which has NO line feed character.
Now looking at the radio station recorder web page we get the 4 default stations in the list of streams.

To reproduce the disappearing station problem, add the new station (http://chronixaggression.com) to the list of streams:

Name of stream:              ChroniX - AGGRESSION
URL:                              http://192.95.18.39:5784/stream

Additional Parameter:    -k 0 -o always

Click 'Apply'. The station briefly appears and then disappears from the list of streams.

There are three work arounds:
1) Delete the four default stations from the list of streams and then add your station(s).
2) Run the 'Import-MoOde-Radio-Stations.sh' script to import moOdes radio stations.
3) Manually add a new line character to the end of the 'RadioRecorder/res/streams.txt' file. This is not recommended because the four default stations are not valid stations.

I will raise an issue on radiorecwebgui
Thanks Russ and glad its being usefull for you.

Hello Russ

(07-25-2020, 07:20 PM)TheMetalHead Wrote: OK. Update to Russ K post, I can reproduce the problem with a fresh install of moOde v6.7.1 on a Pi-3B+ 1GB v1.3

I Installed the radio station recorder using ./Install-Radio-Station-Recorder.sh ~ 8080 ~ Recordings
When the end of the script displayed 'Import moOde radio stations [y/n] ?' I selected 'n' to not import moOdes radio stations.
Looking at the streams.txt file in RadioRecorder/res/ we see the stream recorder gui 4 default stations, the last of which has NO line feed character.
Now looking at the radio station recorder web page we get the 4 default stations in the list of streams.

To reproduce the disappearing station problem, add the new station (http://chronixaggression.com) to the list of streams:

Name of stream:              ChroniX - AGGRESSION
URL:                              http://192.95.18.39:5784/stream

Additional Parameter:    -k 0 -o always

Click 'Apply'. The station briefly appears and then disappears from the list of streams.

There are three work arounds:
1) Delete the four default stations from the list of streams and then add your station(s).
2) Run the 'Import-MoOde-Radio-Stations.sh' script to import moOdes radio stations.
3) Manually add a new line character to the end of the 'RadioRecorder/res/streams.txt' file. This is not recommended because the four default stations are not valid stations.

I will raise an issue on radiorecwebgui
Thanks Russ and glad its being usefull for you.

Thank you for looking into the glitch.  Yeah, the workaround works.  Will monitor next week if the repeat function works.  Smile
i used radio recorder kast week to record the pearl jam concert on Kink FM, but today i went to my.ip:8080 and safari told me it could get there. i did a moode upgrade a couple off days ago, can that trigger the problem? 

how can i check that radio recording has started

@Tim Curtis radio recording would be a bonus app in  moode, (in my opinion) 

grt ikke