Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 6.7.1 support thread
Zip up one of the albums thats showing the duplicate tracks and PM or email me a download link. I'll have a look when I get a moment.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
A quick test of "Tomita -The Planets" album and Tag and Album view show 5 tracks which I assume is the correct number.
Enjoy the Music!
(08-03-2020, 01:23 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: A quick test of "Tomita -The Planets" album and Tag and Album view show 5 tracks which I assume is the correct number.

Perhaps I should have sent you both albums named "The Planets"

Here is the screen after adding the album to the play list. The tracks also show twice if I display the tracks in album view.

For kicks, I changed the tag of one track on another album to "The Planets" (different album artist) and three copies get added 

Next I corrected the test tag and then changed the tag of the other The Planets album to "xyz". Now the tracks are added correctly

I'll need to be able to repro your issue in order to troubleshoot so I'll leave that up to you to get me the right set of data.
Enjoy the Music!
@dwlacroix

Assuming the metadata tagging of your tracks is ok (big assumption) then do you perhaps also have .cue or .m3u playlist files for these albums? They can have a confounding effect.

Regards,
Kent
(08-03-2020, 10:55 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'll need to be able to repro your issue in order to troubleshoot so I'll leave that up to you to get me the right set of data.

I have sent you tracks off of two albums.

@TheOldPresbyope - While I am open to being wrong, I don't think it is an issue of poor tagging. This did not occur using the same files until I jumped from Moode 6.4 to 6.7.1.
Also because it was a fresh install, there were no play lists. I discovered this when creating a new play list. For use in a project unrelated to Moode, I created a play list of all of my music. When I imported this list into a database I noticed the duplication. That is how I know that I have 18 "Greatest Hits" albums and each album showed up 18 times.
@dwlacroix

Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about moOde/MPD playlists. 

It is not uncommon for rippers to create a .cue or .m3u file for an album at the same time that they are ripping the tracks. (Some music downloads sites offer the same.) 

These files typically live alongside the album's track files. Other threads have discussed this issue along with the use of .mpdignore as a way to block MPD from processing them.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent
(08-03-2020, 03:02 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @dwlacroix

Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about moOde/MPD playlists. 

It is not uncommon for rippers to create a .cue or .m3u file for an album at the same time that they are ripping the tracks. (Some music downloads sites offer the same.) 

These files typically live alongside the album's track files. Other threads have discussed this issue along with the use of .mpdignore as a way to block MPD from processing them.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent

Just the music files and album covers.
I'm able to repro and in this case I don't think it's a tagging issue but possibly an issue in the filtering routine thats invoked when clicking on an Album to show its tracks.

When you click on the individual Artist in Tag view is the correct track list is displayed?
Enjoy the Music!
(08-03-2020, 04:33 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm able to repro and in this case I don't think it's a tagging issue but possibly an issue in the filtering routine thats invoked when clicking on an Album to show its tracks.

When you click on the individual Artist in Tag view is the correct track list is displayed?

Yes. 

There is no duplication in the Tag View. And adding to the play list from the Tag View works correctly,