Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Show your audio system
(01-03-2022, 04:49 PM)StivVid Wrote: This is my attempt at a classic record console.  I built the cabinet to house mini hifi components.  Right now it has a Topping DX3 Pro DAC, a Topping PA3 amplifier, an Audio Technica AT-LP120X turntable, an ART DJPreII phono preamp, and of course, a Raspberry Pi 4 running Moode being controlled by a Samsung Tab.  The built-in speakers are based on a design by Paul Carmody, a well-known speaker designer in the DIY community.

I expect it will be an ever-evolving work in progress, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!
[Image: OyUeAo3.jpg]

That's pretty epic!
----------------
Robert
I have a simple setup on my work desk. I bought a VU meter from eBay, an official Raspberry Pi touchscreen, a HiFiBerry DAC2 HD, and a SmartiPi Pro Case.

[Image: uGjel2t.jpg]
Sweet and compact !
I like the VU meter....if you feel like posting the links and setup you used I'm sure others would appreciate !

and you are using a cd player too !
----------
bob
(01-03-2022, 04:49 PM)StivVid Wrote: This is my attempt at a classic record console.  I built the cabinet to house mini hifi components.  Right now it has a Topping DX3 Pro DAC, a Topping PA3 amplifier, an Audio Technica AT-LP120X turntable, an ART DJPreII phono preamp, and of course, a Raspberry Pi 4 running Moode being controlled by a Samsung Tab.  The built-in speakers are based on a design by Paul Carmody, a well-known speaker designer in the DIY community.

I expect it will be an ever-evolving work in progress, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!

I love the album rest behind the lid !  and the 'gas-lift"??  is that from an auto or genuine part ?

(Those legs !)
----------
bob
(02-17-2022, 05:14 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:

I love the album rest behind the lid !  and the 'gas-lift"??  is that from an auto or genuine part ?

(Those legs !)

Thanks!  The hinge is a soft-close mechanism like this one: soft close hinge
Music 
Here is my still-a-work-in-progress 2CH fully active setup for when I'm in the party and/or Basshead mood, though the room is still incomplete and I'm planning to rack and hide the DSP and amplifiers then carpet the stained old concrete floor.

Speakers: DIY TM-10" Ported
Subwoofers: DIY 21" Ported
High Amp: Samson S500
Mid Amp: Samson S2000
Low Amp: Samson S2000
Preamp/DAC: Emotiva PT-100
MoOde/DAC: Rpi 3B+ and InnoMaker HiFi DAC(PCM5122)
DSP/Xover: dbx DriveRack PA2
AC PDU: DIY 12v triggered dual bank

[Image: AM-JKLWqWjXKR2MkZuIy3XiIp2vfr7dxoJ3MMIes...authuser=0]
[Image: AM-JKLUKuUgTP71W_TK8-KaweRFlFYL8z6AOywNr...authuser=0]

The drivers used in the DIY speakers are: PRV 10W650A-8(Mids), FaitalPro HF10AK + LTH102(Highs) and B&C 21SW152-4(Subs).
More info HERE and HERE

Regards!
Super nice DIY :-)

Lightbulbs will definitely be coming loose ;-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-12-2022, 10:41 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Super nice DIY :-)

Lightbulbs will definitely be coming loose ;-)

Thanks for the input Tim, fortunately being the house an old concrete one and the room being in the middle of the house, I have to change the room door with an reinforced one to reduce bass leakage and make the rest of the room mates a little happier. Big Grin 

Regards!
In the last month I migrated from Runeaudio over to moOde audio, below is my setup, very much a long term PoC that I use everyday.  I love epaper displays and my setup uses a lot of gpio buttons mainly for radio presets.  I expect it to be a daily used PoC for a long time, I've got lots of ideas that I slowly chip away at, one being recording radio.

https://github.com/lakeuk/moode-audio-extensions
https://github.com/lakeuk/moode-uk-stations

[Image: moode-pi.jpg]
Whats the difference between epaper and other displays?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub