Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: No audio or play and stop during reproduction
Hi all, I'm running Moode 8.2.2 and sometimes I encounter a behaviour I've never had before.

While playing a track (no matter the filetype), and skipping to another one sometimes everything goes as expected, sometimes the playback starts with no sound, sometimes the track starts to play but the sound goes away and cames back.
I have to select a different track on the list and after a couple of trying everyting goes straightforward.
I use an external dac connected via usb (the same I've used in the last years).
No popup error messages. 

I hope I've been clear enough in my explaination and that someone can help me fixing this problem. 

Thanks in advance
Post some details about your Pi and moOde configuration and also your network environment.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-24-2023, 01:02 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Post some details about your Pi and moOde configuration and also your network environment.

Hi Tim:

Linux: 5.15.61-v8+ #1579 | aarch64 (64-bit) | DebOS: 11.5
Model: Pi-4B 1.1 4GB
Audio: D50

Music from an external Hdd connected via Geekworm Raspberry Pi 4 SATA Storage, X825 V2.0.

Pi connected via LAN cable to a Wifi extender, static ip
Very odd symptoms.

Maybe try putting some tracks on a USB stick and test with that instead of the SATA drive?
Enjoy the Music!
(02-24-2023, 05:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Very odd symptoms.

Maybe try putting some tracks on a USB stick and test with that instead of the SATA drive?

ok Tim, I will try and let you know

Thanks
(02-24-2023, 05:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Very odd symptoms.

Hi Tim, 
this morning I had the chance to try to play some tunes from an usn stick.

Same behaviour, but it happened less frequently.

The track started to play but no sound. Delected different ones, same thing, then suddenly everything went fine...
Very odd. The symptoms suggest something external for example uSD Card, power supply, 3rd party software etc.
Enjoy the Music!
(03-12-2023, 10:59 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Very odd. The symptoms suggest something external for example uSD Card, power supply, 3rd party software etc.

understood.

Is there something I could try to do to gather enough information to try fixing that?
Sometimes its easier and faster to use one-at-a time swapping as an approach to isolating an issue rather than analyzing logs for example try swapping any of the following:

- Client
- uSD card
- Power supply
- Pi
- Network interface (use Ethernet instead of WiFi)
Enjoy the Music!
(03-12-2023, 04:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Sometimes its easier and faster to use one-at-a time swapping as an approach to isolating an issue rather than analyzing logs for example try swapping any of the following:

- Client
- uSD card
- Power supply
- Pi
- Network interface (use Ethernet instead of WiFi)
Ok thanks.
I will try but before that I need to understand a little better...

- Client. - ?  Do you mean another os?
- uSD card - ok
- Power supply - ok, but no undervoltage detected
- Pi - I can try with a 3b+ but the installation will be surely different 
- Network interface (use Ethernet instead of WiFi) - already using ethernet 

The installation is standard apart Plymouth for custom splash screen.

Today I encountered the issue: smooth regularly working. only during changing track sometimes it went playing with no sound. 
Re-changed track continuously and then after one or two ones again smooth...