Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thumbnail parent folder
Hi all Smile
I have a question about the options for displaying thumbnails.
I'll give an example, so I think I'll be understood more easily.
I have this folder:
1988 - Operation Mindcrime (2006 Remastered 2cd)
Inside this folder there are two folders:
cd1
cd2
I put my thumbnail inside cd1 and cd2 and they appear correctly in the list.
The "1988 - Operation Mindcrime (2006 Remastered 2cd)" folder, even if I put a thumbnail inside it, I see it with a generic white icon.
Is there a way to see the thumbnail of the parent folder as well?
Thank you
v.
(02-23-2023, 08:33 PM)Venerdi Wrote: Hi all Smile
I have a question about the options for displaying thumbnails.
I'll give an example, so I think I'll be understood more easily.
I have this folder:
1988 - Operation Mindcrime (2006 Remastered 2cd)
Inside this folder there are two folders:
cd1
cd2
I put my thumbnail inside cd1 and cd2 and they appear correctly in the list.
The "1988 - Operation Mindcrime (2006 Remastered 2cd)" folder, even if I put a thumbnail inside it, I see it with a generic white icon.
Is there a way to see the thumbnail of the parent folder as well?
Thank you
v.

Hi,

the thumbnails are related to the audio files, and they are searched for in the folder containing such files. Here you have a folder containing folders, so no image is expected, nor searched there.
I think this has been asked for in the past. I'll add to the the TODO list to investigate.

@Nutul this is similar to a request for Artist images which is also on the TODO list. These images would be in the Album folder though and not in the parent folder. Maybe the JS for renderFolderView() could be looked at to see if a simple query could be done at each folder level above the album folder for a single, specific file name thats different from the standard cover file names for example "folder_cover.jpg". Something like that.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-24-2023, 01:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I think this has been asked for in the past. I'll add to the the TODO list to investigate.

@Nutul this is similar to a request for Artist images which is also on the TODO list. These images would be in the Album folder though and not in the parent folder. Maybe the JS for renderFolderView() could be looked at to see if a simple query could be done at each folder level above the album folder for a single, specific file name thats different from the standard cover file names for example "folder_cover.jpg". Something like that.

Hi Tim,

yes, I was thinking something similar... see if I can have a better look during the w/end.
Thanks for the replies.
I knew he didn't look for pictures, but I was hoping there was a way to do it.

@Tim
Glad this can be on the ToDo list.

@Nutul
This would be a good thing to have a useful and happy weekend... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

v.
(02-24-2023, 04:39 PM)Venerdi Wrote: @Nutul
This would be a good thing to have a useful and happy weekend... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

I would be more than happy (hmmm, George Carlin would have said: "how can you possibly be more-than-happy"...) to use the entire weekend for such a new feature; but Saturday I'm going to be busy from dawn to dusk, so that Sunday is left for rest... let's see.
(02-24-2023, 05:15 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(02-24-2023, 04:39 PM)Venerdi Wrote: @Nutul

I would be more than happy (hmmm, George Carlin would have said: "how can you possibly be more-than-happy"...) to use the entire weekend for such a new feature; but Saturday I'm going to be busy from dawn to dusk, so that Sunday is left for rest... let's see.

George Carlin said many things and the ones that spring to mind whenever his name is mentioned are "The Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television" Blush
----------
bob
If this can be enabled It will help my user experience as I often have an 'empty' top directory with an album name containing only subdirectories for the multiple disks.
(02-26-2023, 09:19 PM)Skip Pack Wrote: If this can be enabled It will help my user experience as I often have an 'empty' top directory with an album name containing only subdirectories for the multiple disks.

This is the main reason why I asked for this feature.
(02-24-2023, 01:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I think this has been asked for in the past. I'll add to the the TODO list to investigate.

...any little hope for the next version?  Cry Angel 

V.