Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Moode won't start if a USB stick with music is present
Boy will I be embarrassed if that’s it Tongue  Especially since I started to post something similar last night and then thought, naw, it wouldn’t be that simple, lol.

Regards,
Kent
(05-06-2023, 05:55 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Swap in a different power supply rated for 3 Amps.

Hi Tim,
I have used 19V 3.42A, and 20V 3.25A power supplies. No difference.

However, I have found that, on my 3B+, it works if the root usb drive is in either of the 2 USB ports nearest to the ethernet port. It then doesn't make any difference which port is used for my musi usb.

This is certainly different to how it worked on previous versions of Moode, whereby I always had the root usb in the top slot furthest from the ethernet, and the music usb in the bottom slot next to the ethernet. (I had this habit to make it easier to extract either usb stick.

I have done all the testing for this correspondence on my Pi3B+ with HiFiBerry AMP2.
I will go through tests with diffferent Pi3B+, AND the IqAudio DAC PRO, as well as the Suptronix 400.
(This will take a while ! )
(05-07-2023, 03:16 PM)Ouchita Wrote:
(05-06-2023, 05:55 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Swap in a different power supply rated for 3 Amps.

Hi Tim,
I have used 19V 3.42A, and 20V 3.25A power supplies. No difference.

However, I have found that, on my 3B+, it works if the root usb drive is in either of the 2 USB ports nearest to the ethernet port. It then doesn't make any difference which port is used for my musi usb.

This is certainly different to how it worked on previous versions of Moode, whereby I always had the root usb in the top slot furthest from the ethernet, and the music usb in the bottom slot next to the ethernet. (I had this habit to make it easier to extract either usb stick.

I have done all the testing for this correspondence on my Pi3B+ with HiFiBerry AMP2.
I will go through tests with diffferent Pi3B+, AND the IqAudio DAC PRO, as well as the Suptronix 400.
(This will take a while ! )

Thats interesting. I'm not too familiar with how the boot loader works. The only thing I recall from years past is that if there is both a bootable uSD and USB drive then the loader will use the uSD card but that may have changed with the latest RaspiOS releases.

Personally, I'd suggest using surveillance cam grade uSD Cards for example WD Purple QD101 for the boot media. They are fast and super reliable. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088CD...UTF8&psc=1
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I tried twp power supplies - 19V 3.42A and 20V 3.25A
3.42A   will power a Pi..possibly a Pi and the Amp2 but note the warning from HiFi Berry...

Quote:The Amp2 integrated voltage converter is powerful enough to power even the new Raspberry Pi 4. Just note that it is not designed to power additional power-hungry USB devices or other hardware. There isn’t a problem with low-power devices like mice, keyboards and similar. There might be even enough power for external hard disks, but the system might become unstable if too much additional current is drawn from the USB boards or the 5V rail on the GPIOs.

Try a powered USB hub between the Pi and the USB drive.

https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/boards/hifiberry-amp2/
----------
bob