Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde Network Name aberration
@Wheel_nut

Hi, Robin.

I’d be careful about indicting the RPi Imager tool. It’s had its share of bugs (see their active GitHub issues list) but basically it works as advertised these days. As Tim adjusts the moOde initialization code to account for the fact that the underlying Raspberry Pi OS may have already been partially customized, edge cases like the one you found will go away.

As an aside, be careful how you play the age card. My screen name is literal, not figurative. Smile

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,

I would never (knowingly) indict anything that Eben Upton and his team do! Their revival of hardware level computing for the masses makes me proud of the heritage of British innovation going back to Steve Furber and Sophie Wilson and their work on the Acorn Atom and BBC Micro which is the basis of the ARM processor and architecture of the Raspberry Pi. ... but that is another story Smile

Like you, I wrote my first Program in Fortran on Coding sheets and Punched Cards and remember being told when it ran the first time that it would probably be the last time that happened! With the myriad of platforms supported and the numerous add-ons that we play with, I am amazed that each new release of moOde produces so few errors. It is the nature of software that an error can manifest itself in many ways amd it is almost impossible to test every Use Case that your software will encounter when released into the wild. Also, like you, I have a talent for "breaking things" which can be useful to a developer!

At 78, I am blessed with good sight thanks to Varifocals and good hearing without which, my love of music would be frustraed. I also have a steady hand with a soldering iron and precision tools so I don't qualify to play the age card! Yes, I cannot run for a bus or play Tennis buth then I never did and I find that writing things down actually helps me remember without having to read my notes! Odd!

Keep up the good work and remember to enjoy the music

- Robin
So you and I are tied for the number of circuits we’ve made around the Sun. It’s been an interesting ride so far Smile