Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

ProtoDAC TDA1387 X8 project
(09-21-2023, 06:35 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 12:16 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 09:17 PM)Ludomaniac Wrote: Good evening great people Smile

Has anyone tried to make an 'all-out' ProtoDAC with the best components available? And if so, which components did you choose?

Have you built and listened to a PtotoDAC yet?

My Potato dac Big Grin

I hope you used Jersey Royals, they give a much more open sound stage I find.  I tried Maris Piper once, but the bass went all muddy.

Big Grin
----------------
Robert
(09-21-2023, 06:46 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:

Has anyone tried to make an 'all-out' ProtoDAC with the best components available? And if so, which components did you choose?

My Potato dac Big Grin

I hope you used Jersey Royals, they give a much more open sound stage I find.  I tried Maris Piper once, but the bass went all muddy.

Big Grin
You mustn't M.A.S.H the Maris Piper  (he gets a little annoyed and it interferes with the operation of his big drone)
https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index....rk.623525/
https://www.gannawaynz.co.nz/bagpipes-ba...uct_id=990
----------
bob

My Potato dac Big Grin

lol, I need one of those an AI spell correctors.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hello
Thank you for your replies 
I did also find a similar hat amp  for the Rpi following your suggestions.

The IQaudIO Pi-AMP+
TPA3116 amplifier designs that stacks and back powers the DAC and PI. with 19.5V psu
Although is it out of stock I did find one in the UK.

It does the job of an all in one system !

Many thanks again
Lucky you found one. The IQaudIO Pi-AMP+ appears to be a legacy product and is discontinued.
Hardware: RPi Zero W | Allo Kali | ProtoDAC TDA1387 X8 | PGA2311 | Icepower 500ASP | Harbeth SHL5
Software: Moode 8.3.3
Source: Win 10 NAS
(09-26-2023, 12:25 AM)hifinet Wrote: Lucky you found one. The IQaudIO Pi-AMP+ appears to be a legacy product and is discontinued.

IQAudio was aquired by Raspberry Pi Trading in 2020.The IQAudio HAT's are now available under the Raspberry Pi banner at very attractive prices.
(09-26-2023, 07:42 AM)rh2018 Wrote:
(09-26-2023, 12:25 AM)hifinet Wrote: Lucky you found one. The IQaudIO Pi-AMP+ appears to be a legacy product and is discontinued.

IQAudio was aquired by Raspberry Pi Trading in 2020.The IQAudio HAT's are now available under the Raspberry Pi banner at very attractive prices.

https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/digiamp-plus/
----------------
Robert
The IQaudIO Pi-AMP+ is discontinued. It was a traditional amplifier based on the TI TPA3116, accepting analog inputs. It is able to take the analog output from ProtoDAC.

The IQaudIO DigiAMP+ is an integrated amplifier with a built in DAC, and does not accept analog inputs. So you are stuck with the inferior oversampling DAC. It is not able to take the analog output from ProtoDAC.
Hardware: RPi Zero W | Allo Kali | ProtoDAC TDA1387 X8 | PGA2311 | Icepower 500ASP | Harbeth SHL5
The JustBoom Amp (last one from PiShop.us) is also a traditional amplifier that takes balanced or single ended analog inputs, and should work with ProtoDAC.
(09-26-2023, 03:58 PM)hifinet Wrote: The IQaudIO Pi-AMP+ is discontinued. It was a traditional amplifier based on the TI TPA3116, accepting analog inputs. It is able to take the analog output from ProtoDAC.

The IQaudIO DigiAMP+ is an integrated amplifier with a built in DAC, and does not accept analog inputs. So you are stuck with the inferior oversampling DAC. It is not able to take the analog output from ProtoDAC.

Thank you for following up on this,
regarding  "It is able to take the analog output from ProtoDAC" are these available on the 
40 pin GPIO header on the ProtoDAc (currently I am using the IQaudIO Pi-AMP+ with a hat IQ DAC which I'll swap with the ProtoDac when completed)
Are GPIO pin designations standard for Rpi hats? 

Many thanks