Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
(03-17-2024, 08:45 PM)nullstring Wrote: I was curious so I went ahead and built moode audio 9.0.0.

On bootup, you get the normally scrolling of text and then all of a sudden the HDMI turns off and the RPI appears to have crashed. The STAT light is now red.

I built the image on an rpi 5 with rasbian bookworm. All I did was checkout the imgbuild repo and run build.sh. Since it appears that Tim must've pushed out a 9.0.0 moode-player package recently, I didn't need to utilize pkgbuild at all.

I know it's obviously not ready for prime time, but if anyone is interested in exploring this further please let me know.

Sounds like it's working fine, actually. 

In any case, since this is a thread Tim created to let us know his progress and since he hasn't officially released 9.0.0 either for testing or for general use, it seems inappropriate to start filling it with posts about trying to use the repo (and I'm looking at myself too).

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent
Right, I'll post when its ok to either install the 9.0.0 pre2 package on top of vanilla Bookworm Lite or run an imgbuild.
Currently there is an issue when moode-player package is installed during imgbuild.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-17-2024, 09:20 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: In any case, since this is a thread Tim created to let us know his progress and since he hasn't officially released 9.0.0 either for testing or for general use, it seems inappropriate to start filling it with posts about trying to use the repo (and I'm looking at myself too).

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent

My apologies. I'll wait until Tim says it's appropriate to test.
Just a heads up that the imgbuild issue has been resolved :-)
There are a few more TODO's to complete so just hang tight for a bit.
Enjoy the Music!
Is there a plan to keep 32bit version 8.x alive? In my hobby room I maintain moode on a RASPI 2 and it is stable like hell. So would be great if at least the spotify renderer would be updated for some time to come...
(03-22-2024, 08:00 AM)wadada Wrote: Is there a plan to keep 32bit version 8.x alive? In my hobby room I maintain moode on a RASPI 2 and it is stable like hell. So would be great if at least the spotify renderer would be updated for some time to come...

Yes for 32-bit the 8.3.9 Bullseye release will be available but there will be no back-ports or updates to it because our project does not have the manpower.

My advice would be to get one of the 64 bit Pi's for example Pi-3A+
Enjoy the Music!
Here's latest WIP release notes.

Networking, Audio and Multiroom are working pretty awesomely :-)

Thanks to Bookworm its now possible to have integrated HDMI and Headphone, USB and I2S devices all connected and available to select as the Audio output without rebooting.

Code:
################################################################################
#
# 2024-MM-DD moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
#
################################################################################

New features

- NEW: Switch audio output (HDMI, Headphone, I2S, USB) without reboot
- NEW: HDMI/IEC958 audio format including multichannel
- NEW: WiFi Hotspot (2.4 GHz WiFi bridged to Ethernet if present)
- NEW: Option to reduce Pi-5 shutdown wattage to .01W

Updates

- UPD: HDMI On/Off option removed (not valid on Bookworm)
- UPD: Remove obsolete devices from audio device table
- UPD: Improve setup guides and (i) help

Bug fixes

- FIX: MusicBrainz date format (with hyphens) not being parsed
- FIX: RoonBridge restart and disconnect not working correctly

Radio stations

- UPD: Kanal K
Enjoy the Music!
Quote:- NEW: Switch audio output (HDMI, Headphone, I2S, USB) without reboot

Sweet!

Regards,
Kent
Just a question on the audio output to HDMI, does that mean you can connect directly to a soundbar or receiver/amplifier that accepts audio hdmi in?
(03-28-2024, 12:34 PM)Falco Wrote: Just a question on the audio output to HDMI, does that mean you can connect directly to a soundbar or receiver/amplifier that accepts audio hdmi in?

That's correct.
Enjoy the Music!