Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: No Receivers Discovered
I didn't try with any local files, but I can if that's helpful
@downriver_bob 

Since moOde 9 is still a work in process and it has many moving parts/functionalities, it's great if you can contribute to testing and providing feedback on the bits which matter to you.

In the meantime, however, you can build the latest stable nmap-7.95 on your moOde 8.3.9 player(s) and see if that resolves your original problem.

[The Raspberry Pi OS is built on the debian distro. Debian is great but it is often as much as a year or more behind current developments of some of its constituent components. ASIDE- it's never a good idea to run "apt-get upgrade" on a moOde player.]

The following steps work on my moOde 8.3.9 player installed on a Pi4B.

Code:
# download the current sources for nmap, ca 11.7MB
wget https://nmap.org/dist/nmap-7.95.tar.bz2

# unzip and untar the file
bzip2 -cd nmap-7.95.tar.bz2 | tar xvf -

# change into the directory created
cd nmap-7.95

# configure to build on this host without the unneeded zenmap GUI
# this takes time; prepare yourself for lots of boring output including some warnings
./configure --without-zenmap

# now built it
# this takes a lot more time and produces a lot more output
make

# finally, install the results in moOdeOS
sudo make install

At this point, the old version of nmap remains in /usr/bin and the new version of nmap is in /usr/local/bin.  Since /usr/local/bin precedes /usr/bin in the default PATH variable, the new version will prevail if nakedly invoked. Hence

Code:
pi@m839test:~ $ nmap -V
Nmap version 7.95 ( https://nmap.org )
Platform: aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu
Compiled with: nmap-liblua-5.4.6 libz-1.2.11 libpcre2-10.36 nmap-libpcap-1.10.4 nmap-libdnet-1.12 ipv6
Compiled without: openssl libssh2
Available nsock engines: epoll poll select

pi@m839test:~ $ /usr/bin/nmap -V
Nmap version 7.80 ( https://nmap.org )
Platform: aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu
Compiled with: liblua-5.3.3 openssl-1.1.1j libssh2-1.9.0 libz-1.2.11 libpcre-8.39 libpcap-1.10.0 nmap-libdnet-1.12 ipv6
Compiled without:
Available nsock engines: epoll poll select

and my moOde player handily finds all the players on my LAN using Tim's code snippets

Code:
pi@m839test:~ $ sudo nmap -Pn -p6600 --open 10.0.0.0/24 -oG /tmp/mpd_nmap.scan >/dev/null
Warning: File ./nmap-services exists, but Nmap is using /usr/local/bin/../share/nmap/nmap-services for security and consistency reasons.  set NMAPDIR=. to give priority to files in your local directory (may affect the other data files too).
pi@m839test:~ $ cat /tmp/mpd_nmap.scan | grep "6600/open" | cut -f 1 | cut -d " " -f 2

I believe the harmless warning relates to the "without localdirs" report from the ./configure step, see notes below.
The warning is harmless but could be removed by setting the environmental variable as described. It arises because we have both old and new versions installed in different directories.

It will be interesting to hear if this resolves your moOde 8.3.9 player's inability to find receivers on your Unifi network.

Notes

1) the configure step should end with

Code:
 NMAP IS A POWERFUL TOOL -- USE CAREFULLY AND RESPONSIBLY
Configured with: ndiff nping zlib lua ncat
Configured without: localdirs zenmap openssl libssh2
Type make (or gmake on some *BSD machines) to compile.
WARNING: You are compiling without OpenSSL
WARNING: You are compiling without LibSSH2

Candidly, I wasn't sure how to configure with "localdirs" so I didn't; we disabled zenmap on purpose; I didn't think either OpenSSL or LibSSH2 were needed for our use but one could certainly add them back in after installing some extra packages.

2) the make step should end unceremoniously with the line

Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/nmap-7.95/ncat'

3) The install step should end with

Code:
NMAP SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED

Regards,
Kent