Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
(05-04-2024, 04:55 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Tim Curtis 

Hadn't done anything with ~pre4 for several weeks but now that I'm back from the west coast I thought I'd catch up. Couldn't wait for ~pre5 so gulped the repo as of two nights ago.

1. nice to see that the Xserver/local display now starts on my Pi3B+ (well, it did after I realized I had to update several config files which I realized were out of scope for gulp deploy).

2. Because of our recent exchanges with @downriver_bob regarding discovery of multiroom receivers, I thought I'd play (for the first time ever) with moOde's multiroom feature.

In a mix of 8.3.9 and 9~pre4 players, it seems that my 9~pre4 players can discover 8.3.9 and 9~pre4 receivers but 8.3.9 players can only discover 8.3.9 receivers. Should I expect this? 

I wrote a quick shell script which combines the actions you outlined to downriver_bob and ran it on all players. I get the same results everywhere. Examples (no apology for output format!)

Code:
# on a 9~pre4 player
pi@m9pre4a:~ $ ./findrx.sh
10.0.0.19 rx,Disabled,0dB,0,1,sunroom
10.0.0.121 rx,Off,0,0,1,m839test
10.0.0.186 rx,Disabled,0,0,1,m9pre4a
10.0.0.198 rx,On,0dB,0,1,m9pre4b
10.0.0.205 rx,On,0dB,0,1,m839
# Discover reports:  Found: m839test, m9pre4b, m839

#on a 8.3.9 player
pi@sunroom:~ $ ./findrx.sh
10.0.0.19 rx,Disabled,0dB,0,1,sunroom
10.0.0.121 rx,Off,0,0,1,m839test
10.0.0.186 rx,Disabled,0,0,1,m9pre4a
10.0.0.198 rx,On,0dB,0,1,m9pre4b
10.0.0.205 rx,On,0dB,0,1,m839
# Discover reports:  Found: m839test, m839

where sunroom, m839, and m839test are all, no surprise, 8.3.9 players. m9pre4a is ~pre4 with latest repo gulped; m9pre4b is pure ~pre4.

Hope I'm making some sense here.

Regards,
Kent

ETA the script is simply a hack based on your previous post
Code:
$ cat findrx.sh
#!/bin/sh
nmap -Pn -p6600 --open 10.0.0.0/24 -oG /tmp/findrx.scan >/dev/null
cat /tmp/findrx.scan | grep "6600/open" | cut -f 1 | cut -d " " -f 2 > /tmp/findrx.ips
for ip in `cat /tmp/findrx.ips`; do
      echo -n "$ip "
      curl $ip/command/?cmd=trx-control.php%20-rx
      echo
done

Re: 
"In a mix of 8.3.9 and 9~pre4 players, it seems that my 9~pre4 players can discover 8.3.9 and 9~pre4 receivers but 8.3.9 players can only discover 8.3.9 receivers. Should I expect this?"

Yes. It's because the r839 code for 'multiroom_tx_discover', which did not need to encode the command portion of the URL fails when talking to the r900 PHP file. 

/var/www/trx-config.php

r839 - multiroom_tx_discover
if (false === ($status = file_get_contents('http://' . $ipAddr . '/command/?cmd=trx-control.php -rx', false, $timeout))) {

r900 - multiroom_tx_discover
if (false === ($status = file_get_contents('http://' . $ipAddr . '/command/?cmd=' . rawurlencode('trx-control.php -rx'), false, $timeout))) {

You could patch the r839 file and it should be able to discover the r900 receivers.

Btw thanks for testing this.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi,

Moode image pre5 and moode-player installable package are available for testing. The pre images are hosted at moodeaudio.org (not GitHub) and download times may be long due to limited bandwidth for my hosting plan.

Pre5 contains the following new or updated features:

1. Bump to Linux kernel 6.6.28
2. Significant number of updates and fixes to audio config during startup
3. CamillaDSP and alsa-cdsp rate switcher builds for Bookworm (courtesy of @bitlab)
4. Improved notification style, reduced number of notifications
5. Dropdowns now use autoclick (no more set buttons)
6. Various other WebUI style and ease of use improvements

Download ISO image
https://moodeaudio.org/test/image_2024-0...4-lite.zip

or install on fresh Bookworm Lite
Code:
#///////////////////////////////////////////////////
#
# Install moode-player on Bookworm Lite
#
#///////////////////////////////////////////////////

1. Boot a Bookworm Lite image
sudo apt update && apt list --upgradable
sudo apt -y upgrade
sudo reboot

2. Install links to moode Cloudsmith repo
curl -1sLf \
'https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/moodeaudio/m8y/setup.deb.sh' \
| sudo -E distro=raspbian codename=bookworm bash

3. Install moode-player package
sudo apt -y install moode-player=9.0.0-1moode1~pre5
sudo reboot

WIP release notes
Code:
################################################################################
#
# 2024-MM-DD moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
#
################################################################################

New features

- NEW: Switch audio output (HDMI, Headphone, I2S, USB) without reboot
- NEW: HDMI/IEC958 audio format including multichannel
- NEW: WiFi Hotspot (2.4 GHz WiFi bridged to Ethernet if present)
- NEW: Option to reduce Pi-5 shutdown wattage to .01W
- NEW: Option to enable Pi-5 PCI express bus (gen2 or gen3)
- NEW: Option to enable 4K 60Hz for Pi-4 local display

Updates

- UPD: Bump to Linux kernel 6.6.28
- UPD: Bump to alsa-cdsp 1.2.0-1moode2
- UPD: Improve Bluetooth (add volume and pin options)
- UPD: Improve multiroom command response
- UPD: Improve SMB protocol detection
- UPD: Improve radio station edit/delete
- UPD: Improve notification messages
- UPD: Improve setup guides and quick help
- UPD: Add autoclick for dropdown controls on the configs
- UPD: Add "Show items" option to One-touch playlist
- UPD: Add "Queue info" to ellipsis menu (stats + saved playlist name)
- UPD: Add Pull-up/down option for each pin in GPIO Config
- UPD: Add Spotify and Amazon Music to Prefs Search sites
- UPD: Add window-size (randomness) option for auto-shuffle
- UPD: Add restart_renderer REST command
- UPD: Remove HDMI On/Off option (not valid on Bookworm)
- UPD: Remove redundant or obsolete devices from audio device table
- UPD: Allow any netmask to be entered for static IP address
- UPD: Saved SSID's appear for selection in the main SSID dropdown
- UPD: Prevent comma when entering a new station name
- UPD: Add missing settings to Backup/Restore

Bug fixes

- FIX: MusicBrainz date format (with hyphens) not being parsed
- FIX: RoonBridge restart and disconnect not working correctly

Radio stations

- UPD: ArtSound FM 92.7
- UPD: JB Radio2 (320K)
- UPD: Kanal K
- UPD: Venice Classic Radio Italia
- UPD: WCRB Boston 99.5 - Classical
- DEL: Audiophile Baroque
- DEL: Audiophile Classical
- DEL: Audiophile Jazz
- DEL: Audiophile Lounge
- DEL: Audiophile Rock-Blues
- DEL: FluxFM - Hot R&B
- DEL: FluxFM - Pop Radio
- DEL: Soma FM - BAGeL Radio
- DEL: Swedish Classic Radio
- DEL: WRPI 91.5 FM Troy
- DEL: Eirewave
Enjoy the Music!
Re; r900~pre5

1. Minor nit: click on m>configure>system-info

Result: first get a modal declaring 

"gathering_info
Unknown message. Check the source code!"

Then the modal disappears and a correct System info page is displayed.

2. Not so minor nit: on my Pi3+ with official 7-inch display, the behavior of the local display seems rather janky with touch input (like, for instance, the response to clicking m). I'll have to play with it to get a handle on this.

3. I'm still getting used to the new icon used in place of "SET" on the string entry boxes. Keep forgetting to click it to set the parameter.

4. On the Audio config screen, for choosing the Output device what's up with the icon which to me, at least, means "reset"?

For all that, I like the way the WebUI is evolving. It, like the moodeaudio.org homepage, looks great.

Regards,
Kent
(05-04-2024, 11:59 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Re; r900~pre5

"gathering_info

2. Not so minor nit: on my Pi3+ with official 7-inch display, the behavior of the local display seems rather janky with touch input (like, for instance, the response to clicking m). I'll have to play with it to get a handle on this.

3. I'm still getting used to the new icon used in place of "SET" on the string entry boxes. Keep forgetting to click it to set the parameter.

4. On the Audio config screen, for choosing the Output device what's up with the icon which to me, at least, means "reset"?

For all that, I like the way the WebUI is evolving. It, like the moodeaudio.org homepage, looks great.

Regards,
Kent

Still some bugs :-0

On Audio Config when a USB DAC is plugged in it won't automatically appear in the dropdown until the page is refreshed so I added a button during testing. The right solution would be to code a UDEV event to do this automatically but who understands how to code UDEV events? The button is prolly not needed.

Input fields can be "autoclick" by detecting the enter or return keypress but this doesn't exist on touch devices thus the need for some sort of button.
Enjoy the Music!
(05-05-2024, 04:10 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 11:59 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Re; r900~pre5

"gathering_info

Regards,
Kent

Still some bugs :-0

On Audio Config when a USB DAC is plugged in it won't automatically appear in the dropdown until the page is refreshed so I added a button during testing. The right solution would be to code a UDEV event to do this automatically but who understands how to code UDEV events? The button is prolly not needed.

Input fields can be "autoclick" by detecting the enter or return keypress but this doesn't exist on touch devices thus the need for some sort of button.

Oops I forgot that on mobile the popup keyboard appears and so Return key is available. I'll convert the inout fields to autoclick for pre6.
Enjoy the Music!
The Output device refresh button could be labled SCAN.

I also noticed there are still quite a few notifications  that need to be updated to the new style. I'll add that for pre6.
Enjoy the Music!
My bad. I was misunderstanding the button's function. Tongue

Will be out until later today. 

Regards,
Kent
On my Pi 4 when I set a static IP all ports get closed.  With DHCP it works fine.  I haven't tried doing it from the command line.
(05-05-2024, 02:12 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: On my Pi 4 when I set a static IP all ports get closed.  With DHCP it works fine.  I haven't tried doing it from the command line.

What do you mean by "all ports get closed"?
Enjoy the Music!
(05-05-2024, 02:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(05-05-2024, 02:12 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: On my Pi 4 when I set a static IP all ports get closed.  With DHCP it works fine.  I haven't tried doing it from the command line.

What do you mean by "all ports get closed"?

There are no open ports from 0 to 65K.  I can't connect via HTTP or SSH.  It's visible on the network but unreachable.  When I allow random address assignment the standard ports are open. I'm leaving shortly but will be back this afternoon Pacific. I've set local display on and will try a static IP again to see what I can see.