Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Solved: Playlist jumps back to playing entry after a few seconds when stop scrolling
Hi,

I'm using a playlist for my radio stations (43).

When, let's say, the first entry is playing and I scroll through the playlist till the end, as from the moment I stop scrolling, the playlist view jumps back to the playing entry.

Q: Is there a way to disable this behavior? In other words, the playlist view doesn't automatically reposition itself at the playing entry?

Thanks,
Kurt
I'm not able to repro that issue. When I scroll to the end of a long Queue it just sits there until metadata for the currently playing item changes, then the Queue is automatically scrolled to make that item visible.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I’m away from home ATM but “until metadata … changes” sounds like a clue.

Regards,
Kent
IIRC there are some stations that strangely transmit metadata changes every few seconds instead of when the song changes :-0

@kurt1970, whats the station URL?
Enjoy the Music!
@Tim Curtis You're right, I tried it with a radio station, not broadcasting the title of the song playing, and in this case it behaves as expected.

The URL of the radio station to reproduce it is this one: http://stream10.xdevel.com/audio17s97674...cast.audio

This is the same URL I came across the "update playlist" issue some time ago.
I checked the station in debug mode and it transmits a metadata block every couple seconds. This is a broadcaster issue.

Your best bet is to find an alternative to this station
Enjoy the Music!
@Tim Curtis , thanks for debugging.

Repositioning the playlist view when playing tracks from a NAS playlist, absolutely makes sense.

However, a radio station playlist is different, as you stay always on the same playlist entry as long as you listen to the same radio station.
I just figured out that even our national radio stations refresh every 20". So, it doesn't look that exceptional.

Q:Isn't it possible, in case of radio stations in the playlist, to not reposition the playlist view, unless a user changes station, or when a station is not available and moOde goes to the next entry in the list?
None of the 240 built in moode stations have this metatada issue so I'd say it's definitely not normal for metadata to be transmitted every few seconds when nothing has changed. It's likely some sort of problem with the broadcasters streaming config.

They may not even be aware it's happening.
Enjoy the Music!
There's of course the workaround to stop the playing the radio station before scrolling. By doing this, the metadata doesn't get updated and no jump back. Although, this is somewhat inconvenient.
@Tim Curtis Couldn't a check be made on the metadata, and act accordingly only if something changed? Or is MPD dealing totally with it, so that we have no chance of interaction?