Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Upcoming moOde 9.1.0 release
By playing with the sudo apt-get update etc, I've the 9.1.0 on my instance since 3 or 4 days, playing +12h/day. It seems to behave. Smile
Try the test image I just posted yesterday. It includes the new XSS detection.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
So with XSS detection enabled, I regenerated the library using my modest collection of ca. 600 albums. Got several dozen hits based on detection of "<", "(", and "=".

Examples:

Code:
20240913 132330 SECCHK: XSS character detected: tag|value: Composer|<Various Composers>
20240913 132330 SECCHK: XSS command detected: tag|value: Title|Marguerite (Albumblatt) for violin & piano (transcription of work by Rachmaninov)
20240913 132330 SECCHK: XSS character detected: tag|value: Title|Let X=X
20240913 132330 SECCHK: XSS character detected: tag|value: Comment|fre:ac - free audio converter <https://www.freac.org/>

All in all, detection and reporting seems to be working (though calling out Laurie Anderson for her iconic Let x=x just feels so wrong<grin>).

Still, from a system perspective, the more important part of your recent security changes is the tightening of the webUI code. Too bad it's invisible to the casual user but it is definitely an improvement.

Regards,
Kent
(09-13-2024, 05:58 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: So with XSS detection enabled, I regenerated the library using my modest collection of ca. 600 albums. Got several dozen hits based on detection of "<", "(", and "=".

Examples:

Code:
20240913 132330 SECCHK: XSS character detected: tag|value: Composer|<Various Composers>
20240913 132330 SECCHK: XSS command detected: tag|value: Title|Marguerite (Albumblatt) for violin & piano (transcription of work by Rachmaninov)
20240913 132330 SECCHK: XSS character detected: tag|value: Title|Let X=X
20240913 132330 SECCHK: XSS character detected: tag|value: Comment|fre:ac - free audio converter <https://www.freac.org/>

All in all, detection and reporting seems to be working (though calling out Laurie Anderson for her iconic Let x=x just feels so wrong<grin>).

Still, from a system perspective, the more important part of your recent security changes is the tightening of the webUI code. Too bad it's invisible to the casual user but it is definitely an improvement.

Regards,
Kent

Parenthesis are not part of the regex but 'script' is an XSS command. It's in the work 'transcription'. I'll have to refine the XSS command detection so that normal words don't trigger detection.
Enjoy the Music!
One thing I do is simply to remove all flac tags except for those I actively set/use. I run this against every file:

Code:
metaflac --show-tag DATE --show-tag TITLE --show-tag GENRE --show-tag ARTIST --show-tag ALBUM --show-tag TRACKNUMBER --show-tag DISCNUMBER "$1" | metaflac --remove-all-tags --import-tags-from=- "$1"
@Tim Curtis 

By the way, are you contemplating bumping to upmpdcli-v1.8.16 with its updated Tidal plugin?

Regards,
Kent
I'll look into it.
Enjoy the Music!
@bitlab just uploaded new upmpdcli packages to the CS repo.

Run the commands below to install then reboot.
Code:
# Bump upmpdcli
sudo apt update && apt list --upgradable
sudo moode-apt-mark unhold
sudo apt -y install libnpupnp13=6.2.0-1moode1
sudo apt -y install libupnpp16=0.26.7-1moode1
sudo apt -y -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confold" install upmpdcli=1.8.16-1moode1
Enjoy the Music!
(09-14-2024, 12:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @bitlab just uploaded new upmpdcli packages to the CS repo.

Code:
# Bump upmpdcli
sudo apt -y -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confold" install upmpdcli=1.8.16-1moode1

Nice. I cheated when I tried the Tidal plugin recently and ignored the updated libraries. Hats off to @bitlab for doing the job right.

Regards,
Kent
(09-14-2024, 01:09 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(09-14-2024, 12:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @bitlab just uploaded new upmpdcli packages to the CS repo.

Code:
# Bump upmpdcli

Nice. I cheated when I tried the Tidal plugin recently and ignored the updated libraries. Hats off to @bitlab for doing the job right.

Regards,
Kent

Are u able to test the updated Tidal plugin?

IIRC configuring it was kind of involved...
Enjoy the Music!