Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 5.0
(04-17-2019, 11:38 AM)JST1963 Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 09:47 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Tomorrow I will install moOde 5.0 at the office (RPi + Hifiberry DAC+Pro). I will check if I have the same problem there...

Johan

Tim, just to let you know I have the same problem at the office with a Hifiberry DAC+ Pro.

Sad

Johan

I'm still not able to repro but i have made a small change in the code that disables auto-shuffle when Instant Play. It will be in an upcoming update (soon) for moOde 5.0
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-17-2019, 01:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 04:46 AM)arick Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 04:08 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Menu, Configure, Library

Update MPD database and after it completes update the Album cover thumbnail cache.

Thank you, I know it. Unfortunately I have a very very large database and it updates about 6-7 hours. So I always used updating of the selected folders in the previous moOde versions. Is it impossible now?

Thank you  for your great work

I've done timings in the past that suggest that MPD update is really fast and there is not a general need for update individual directories. The thumbnail cache also only offers re-gen or update and the update is very fast.

- pi-3A+
- wifi
- Samba
- SSD attached to Router
- 4000 flac tracks

Time to re-gen ~ 2 min 30 secs
Time to update ~ 15 secs

If I extrapolate to 20X (80,000 tracks) and assume the update process is linear then:

Time to re-gen ~ 50 mins
Time to update ~ 5 mins

-Tim

Tim,
thank for your answer
It’s very expensive to store a lot of music on SSD. I have 6TB on three HDD’s

In my case
- pi-3b+
- wifi
- Samba
- 3 HDD inside PC
- 500000 flac,ape,mp3, iso.wv  tracks

Time to re-gen:  more than 1 day
Time to update:  several hours

plus unnecessary physical wear of HDD  

So, I have to wait several hours to listen 1 new album
Very sadly. The both UI and SQ in 5.0 are perfect, but I can’t use it.
If it’s hard work to return folder update in the next build can I do that via SSH?
Regards,
Arkady

PS
I don't need to update the thumbnail cache
Right, with that many tracks even an update will take a very long time. I'll see what i can do but in the meantime you can update an individual directory via SSH

Code:
mpc update USB/drive_label_name/path_to_directory

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(04-17-2019, 04:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Right, with that many tracks even an update will take a very long time. I'll see what i can do but in the meantime you can update an individual directory via SSH

Code:

-Tim

Thank you,  I’ll wait and hope
(04-16-2019, 06:39 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 05:04 PM)philrandal Wrote: A couple of UI issues.

After clicking on the playing radio station logo in the player panel at the bottom of the screen, up pops the familiar playback screen.

At the very top left of the screen, there's a very small very dim grey search button, to all intents invisible, as is the bar (top middle, can't see it to tell what it is).

This needs a fix to make them visible.

Android 9 phone, tested in Chrome and Firefox.

Second one, there's a save playlist option in the menu on that screen. A load playlist option would be extremely useful as well.

I still can't get my head around the new UI. Needs a 'home' button on every screen to take you back to the 'now playing' plus playlist screen.

Phil

(04-16-2019, 05:22 PM)philrandal Wrote: And another thing. Vanishing playlist. In the current track / playlist screen, you can see the playlist. Navigate away and back and lo, no playlist.

Haven't tried from my laptop.

This all seems worse than RC0. I didn't try RC1

I'm not seeing the UI anomalies that you mention. Try posting some screen shots so we can see what u are seeing on your device. Below are a couple screen shots from my iPhone. There are others in the Features section at moodeaudio.org.

I don't quite understand the Home button. Toggling between Playback full screen and Library with Playbar just takes one tap on the cover.

The "search" and bar on the top need to be the same brightness as the "m" on the right.  They are too dim to see properly on mobile devices, especially Android 9 phones like mine with over-agressive screen-dimming.

My request for a "take me to home from anywhere" button was prompted by a UI bug which shows up in Android Firefox (but not on desktop Firefox) where the arrow on the top left of a config page does nothing.

A screen shot of a vanished playlist would show nothing, however, this shows the problem:

1: Starting from playback screen, swipe down shows the current playlist (or it's just there on desktop browser).

2: Click the almost-invisible bar at the top (sorry to bang on about this, but it is soooo hard to see)

3: Switch to radio station view.

4: Click on a radio icon.

5: Playlist vanishes, showing only that station. Works perfectly on desktop, but not in Chrome or Firefox on Android 9.

How do you get it back? What should be the default here? Add to current playlist and play, I think, and not create new playlist.

Another bug / annoyance: Attempting to switch between radio channels on my playlist in desktop browser (Firefox) and the "MPD error - decoder failed to seek" message sometimes shows up.

Cheers,

Phil

(04-17-2019, 01:58 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 09:47 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Tomorrow I will install moOde 5.0 at the office (RPi + Hifiberry DAC+Pro). I will check if I have the same problem there...

Johan

Tim, just to let you know I have the same problem at the office with a Hifiberry DAC+ Pro.

Sad

Johan

I'm still not able to repro but i have made a small change in the code that disables auto-shuffle when Instant Play. It will be in an upcoming update (soon) for moOde 5.0

Tim, I did some more tests and found that when I follow the exact same procedure as before, but now I turn off "Consume" mode when switching on the random function, the playbar displays the correct album, and so is the cover art on the playback page.
I know you already changed some code, but maybe you can look at it again, with the "consume" option in mind :-)

Johan
 :@
(04-17-2019, 05:41 PM)arick Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 04:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Right, with that many tracks even an update will take a very long time. I'll see what i can do but in the meantime you can update an individual directory via SSH

Code:

-Tim

Thank you,  I’ll wait and hope

I added "Update this folder" back to the context menu when in Folder view. You should be all set when the upcoming in-place update for moOde 5 is released :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(04-17-2019, 06:18 PM)philrandal Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 06:39 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 05:04 PM)philrandal Wrote: A couple of UI issues.

After clicking on the playing radio station logo in the player panel at the bottom of the screen, up pops the familiar playback screen.

At the very top left of the screen, there's a very small very dim grey search button, to all intents invisible, as is the bar (top middle, can't see it to tell what it is).

This needs a fix to make them visible.

Android 9 phone, tested in Chrome and Firefox.

Second one, there's a save playlist option in the menu on that screen. A load playlist option would be extremely useful as well.

I still can't get my head around the new UI. Needs a 'home' button on every screen to take you back to the 'now playing' plus playlist screen.

Phil

(04-16-2019, 05:22 PM)philrandal Wrote: And another thing. Vanishing playlist. In the current track / playlist screen, you can see the playlist. Navigate away and back and lo, no playlist.

Haven't tried from my laptop.

This all seems worse than RC0. I didn't try RC1

I'm not seeing the UI anomalies that you mention. Try posting some screen shots so we can see what u are seeing on your device. Below are a couple screen shots from my iPhone. There are others in the Features section at moodeaudio.org.

I don't quite understand the Home button. Toggling between Playback full screen and Library with Playbar just takes one tap on the cover.

The "search" and bar on the top need to be the same brightness as the "m" on the right.  They are too dim to see properly on mobile devices, especially Android 9 phones like mine with over-agressive screen-dimming.

My request for a "take me to home from anywhere" button was prompted by a UI bug which shows up in Android Firefox (but not on desktop Firefox) where the arrow on the top left of a config page does nothing.

A screen shot of a vanished playlist would show nothing, however, this shows the problem:

1: Starting from playback screen, swipe down shows the current playlist (or it's just there on desktop browser).

2: Click the almost-invisible bar at the top (sorry to bang on about this, but it is soooo hard to see)

3: Switch to radio station view.

4: Click on a radio icon.

5: Playlist vanishes, showing only that station. Works perfectly on desktop, but not in Chrome or Firefox on Android 9.

How do you get it back? What should be the default here? Add to current playlist and play, I think, and not create new playlist.

Another bug / annoyance: Attempting to switch between radio channels on my playlist in desktop browser (Firefox) and the "MPD error - decoder failed to seek" message sometimes shows up.

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Phil,

Not much I can do in the code about device screen dimming. It's not something that can be queried and then acted on programmatically to change the UI. All the moOde UI's going way back were designed around typical screen brightness and they all used a variety of reduced opacity elements that won't have good visibility at low brightness levels. @swizzle  began a long-term project a few months ago to develop options for improving visual accessibility. Things like font size/weight and text color. I suppose opacity should be added.

The Instant Play feature performs a Clear/Play to avoid accumulating a ton of tracks in the Playlist. If you click the ellipsis  icon for a station or album the context menu is displayed that offers Add, Play, Clear/Add, Clear/Play options. I recall a suggestion to have an option to configure Instant Play for either Clear/Play or just Play but that didn't get much traction from other users.

As far as the bugs u reported, since I don't have any Android devices so maybe the @TheOldPresbyope can try and repro the "vanishing playlist" and "config back arrow not working" issues on one of his Android devices.

Btw, what radio station is generating the MPD error?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(04-17-2019, 06:44 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 01:58 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Johan

Sad

Johan

Tim, I did some more tests and found that when I follow the exact same procedure as before, but now I turn off "Consume" mode when switching on the random function, the playbar displays the correct album, and so is the cover art on the playback page.
I know you already changed some code, but maybe you can look at it again, with the "consume" option in mind :-)

Johan

Could be a clue but I don't quite follow what you are doing. Can you list the exact steps?
Enjoy the Music!
(04-17-2019, 07:42 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 06:44 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Tim, I did some more tests and found that when I follow the exact same procedure as before, but now I turn off "Consume" mode when switching on the random function, the playbar displays the correct album, and so is the cover art on the playback page.

Johan

Could be a clue but I don't quite follow what you are doing. Can you list the exact steps?

OK, here's what I do:

- Auto-Shuffle is turned on.
- The Random function is active, which (usually) means there are 2 songs in the playlist.
- When turning on the Random function, by default Consume mode is also turned on.
- The first song in the list is playing (let's call it Track1).
- Now I go to Cover Art mode: all album covers are visible.
- I select an album by clicking on it (not on the three dots).
=> The 1st song of that album starts playing instantly (Track2)
But:
- The playbar still shows info from Track1 (cover art + timer).
- The playback page also still shows the cover art from Track1
=> NOT OK

Now I do almost the same:

- Auto-Shuffle is turned on.
- The Random function is active, which (usually) means there are 2 songs in the playlist.
- When turning on the Random function, by default Consume mode is also turned on, but this time I turn off Consume mode
- The first song in the list is playing (let's call it Track1).
- Now I go to Cover Art mode: all album covers are visible.
- I select an album by clicking on it (not on the three dots).
=> The 1st song of that album starts playing instantly (Track2)
- The playbar now shows the correct info, that of Track2
- The playbackpage also shows the correct info
=> ALL OK

Hope this helps...
JST
 :@