Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Read only SD card - sorry
Hi again... Hate being a bother

I am trying to add lcd_rotate=2 to my config.txt.

The boot SD card mounts in OSX 10.13.6, but it is read only. When I use the Terminal to "sudo nano /boot/config.txt" it asks me for a password; "raspberry" and "moodeaudio" do not work. 
(02-02-2019, 03:58 PM)HBomb3 Wrote: I am trying to add lcd_rotate=2 to my config.txt.

The boot SD card mounts in OSX 10.13.6, but it is read only. When I use the Terminal to "sudo nano /boot/config.txt" it asks me for a password;
Have you got that path correct? Try "sudo nano /Volumes/boot/config.txt" if you're on your mac. I don't think you need sudo as well.
(02-02-2019, 04:30 PM)tristanc Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 03:58 PM)HBomb3 Wrote: I am trying to add lcd_rotate=2 to my config.txt.

The boot SD card mounts in OSX 10.13.6, but it is read only. When I use the Terminal to "sudo nano /boot/config.txt" it asks me for a password;
Have you got that path correct? Try "sudo nano /Volumes/boot/config.txt" if you're on your mac. I don't think you need sudo as well.

Just tried "sudo nano /Volumes/boot/config.txt". Same thing. It asks for a password.

I just tried erasing the card in OSX and it fails formatting to anything. Wonder if the card is bad? I've only just read that this is a thing.
I just did a new install on another card and it is allowing me to read & write. So I'm guessing the first card was in that weird read only damaged state.