Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Another nice to have: total of time of the playist
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
Hi,

Easy to calculate the total Playlist time but placing it somewhere directly on the main Playback screen conflicts with the clean, minimalist appearance of the UI.

Having it embedded into hover-help could work except that hovering is not part of Touch device interface. Maybe creating a section in Audio info for things like playlist length, total number of genres, albums, songs in collection, etc. ??

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi moOde fans,
Hi moOde fans,
(04-22-2018, 01:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Easy to calculate the total Playlist time but placing it somewhere directly on the main Playback screen conflicts with the clean, minimalist appearance of the UI.

Having it embedded into hover-help could work except that hovering is not part of Touch device interface. Maybe creating a section in Audio info for things like playlist length, total number of genres, albums, songs in collection, etc. ??

Maybe a three step toggle with the song time function where it counts down the total playlist time instead?

I think in general it’s important to remember that the interface is designed for everyone, so a change like the above might be great for one person but annoying to others who don’t use the feature. Having something always on-screen definitely fits into that, though Tim has been pretty responsive in exploring changes when a good number of people have requested it.
Hi moOde fans,
lol, I have no way of knowing what % of users want a particular feature because I don't know how many people actually use moOde :-O and I'm not particularly interested in spending any of my time on analytics, data, polls, focus groups, etc.

If a new feature idea seems like a good one, regardless of how many people ask for it, then it gets added to the TODO list. It may or may not get implemented because features compete with one another for development time, and they compete for time needed to fix bugs, improve existing features, and other stuff related to moOde project.

Anyway its Open Source so can always just modify the software yourself. Its a great way to learn some Linux and coding :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi moOde fans,
(04-22-2018, 09:20 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Cool. Any suggestions for a good book I can start with to learn how to write code and how to become a linux expert in a couple of weeks?

There are tons of amazing resources on the web for learning html, javascript, css, etc. It’s unlikely you’d need to touch the backend php code, etc. Most of what you’d need to do would be in javascript so if you’re serious then start there.
Hi moOde fans,