Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Seeed 2-Mics Hat sound wont work
Hi Guys, I'm just a noob to this so be nice...

I have successfully installed the Seed 2-Mics Hat to a Raspberry Pi Zero with MoOde Audio image.
I'm able to test and play sound from terminal, but don't know how to change MoOde's audio settings to output to this board.

The hardware is as below:

aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
  Subdevices: 6/7
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
  Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
  Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
  Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
  Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
card 1: seeed2micvoicec [seeed-2mic-voicecard], device 0: bcm2835-i2s-wm8960-hifi wm8960-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
What does the manufacturer specify for configuring the device?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
PROBLEM SOLVED!

I changed the MPD Config to USB Audio.
(04-14-2019, 11:30 PM)adzy80 Wrote: PROBLEM SOLVED!

I changed the MPD Config to USB Audio.

That's interesting.

The Seeed 2-Mics Hat is not a USB device.

Presumably, this solution configures MPD to connect to an ALSA "card:device" combination which happens to correspond to the custom Seeed driver via the ALSA configuration information loaded along with the driver during the Seeed software install.

Kinda mysterious without knowing more details of what's going on behind the scenes.

Regards,
Kent
(06-26-2019, 02:22 AM)JAfonso Wrote: Can you explain beter ...  Wink

Do you Changed the /etc/mpd.conf ?

Can you paste the lines that you changed? Thanks

I too am interested in this. I plan to make an AIO moOde install and enclosure for my mother to replace her failing DAB radio. I checked in moOde with my current install and there is no obvious included audio device. And this would be useful as it has a small built in amp and seems to have hardware volume control (something a lot of Zero sized hats don't have).

It's way outside my technical ability but I have found where to get into about the chip and board.

Here is Waveshares Github for installing it: https://github.com/waveshare/WM8960-Audio-HAT
The documentation of the chip they are using: https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/File:WM8960_v4.2.pdf
And their WIKI page: https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/WM8960_Audio_HAT

Does this help for adding it to moOde?
The readme in the 2 year old Git repo indicates the manufacturer was not successful in getting the driver for this audio device accepted into the Raspberry Pi Linux kernel. Until that happens there is no chance of integration into moOde.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub