Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Network access to Moode
Good Afternoon!
Until recently I have been able to access my moode players via Windows 10 File Explorer in the Network folder.
After the most recent W10 update they no longer appear and I have not found a way to access them from W10. I have always used this to add files to the local HDD's.
Anyone else seen this? Any ideas? Any apps that will work?
Thanks!
MG
ProtoDAC, Rpi4, TD146, Mayware, Ortophon Blue, Schitt M1, Pass B1,Ayima, Luxman, MarkAudio OB
(05-06-2019, 05:15 PM)michaelagiles Wrote: Good Afternoon!
Until recently I have been able to access my moode players via Windows 10 File Explorer in the Network folder.
After the most recent W10 update they no longer appear and I have not found a way to access them from W10. I have always used this to add files to the local HDD's.
Thanks!
MG

I rarely use Windows 10 but have a copy of Win10Pro on my dual-boot laptop for the occasional app that runs badly in Wine. I just fired it up and the settings panel claims it is up to date.

IIRC it's been some time since moOde's SMB services would show up directly in the Win10 File Explorer (because of Microsoft changes to improve security with file sharing). 

However, as I just confirmed on my Win10Pro, I can access them easily by typing the hostname in UNC format into the searchbar.

Example, I type in "\\moode50lr\" and the file explorer returns "network > moode50lr" in the searchbar and displays the moOde shares named NAS, Playlist, Radio, and SDcard in the box below. I can click on and open each of the folders.

Is that what you are looking for?

Regards,
Kent
(05-06-2019, 05:59 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 05:15 PM)michaelagiles Wrote: Good Afternoon!
Thanks!
MG

I rarely use Windows 10 but have a copy of Win10Pro on my dual-boot laptop for the occasional app that runs badly in Wine. I just fired it up and the settings panel claims it is up to date.

IIRC it's been some time since moOde's SMB services would show up directly in the Win10 File Explorer (because of Microsoft changes to improve security with file sharing). 

However, as I just confirmed on my Win10Pro, I can access them easily by typing the hostname in UNC format into the searchbar.

Example, I type in "\\moode50lr\" and the file explorer returns "network > moode50lr" in the searchbar and displays the moOde shares named NAS, Playlist, Radio, and SDcard in the box below. I can click on and open each of the folders.

Is that what you are looking for?

Regards,
Kent

This IS what I am looking for - if only it worked!
returns "No items match your search"
Must be some other setting I am missing.
Thanks for your help!
ProtoDAC, Rpi4, TD146, Mayware, Ortophon Blue, Schitt M1, Pass B1,Ayima, Luxman, MarkAudio OB