Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Easy installation / setup / configuration guide for absolute beginners
(12-27-2018, 12:17 AM)foxint Wrote: hi Kent
Thanks for the reply.

So you are saying I have to put 2 lots of software: 1) Raspian and 2) Moode. Do I have to go to 2 sites or does moode 4.4 have both on the download???

In my limited experience flashing the sdCard erases everything. So if I do it twice, the first one will be erased.

Confused??

No, sorry. I wasn't sure just what the issue was for you, thought it might be the image-writing step, and got carried away emphasizing that no matter what approach you take, you have to download an image file and write it to an SDcard. 

As of September, you need only download the single moOde image file, write it to the SDcard, and be ready to boot [1].

At most you might want to add a customization file to this SDcard which presets a number of strings (like the hostname) and possibly configures the WiFi interface. It's possible to boot without this file and do all your configuring via the moOde UI but the file is a convenience, especially if you are not going to be connecting your player to wired ethernet. 

This is covered in the setup guide which can be found in various places. Here's a link to the current version of it in the github repo,  https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl.../setup.txt

Good luck. As Tim's tagline says, "enjoy the music!"

Regards,
Kent

[1] moOde used to be distributed this way some time ago but more recently it was available only as a build script (and the recipe it implements), sets of source files, and Raspbian. This thread we are posting in was created by a moOde user to make the process more understandable to people unfamiliar with it. As of September, you no longer need to build moOde yourself unless you want to.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy installation / setup / configuration guide for absolute beginners - by TheOldPresbyope - 12-27-2018, 01:04 AM