Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
Hello,

I also have the same problem @ghera78.
After a clean installation and configure my Hifiberry DAC+ Pro as I2C audio DAC everythings works as expected.
My oled display with an SH1106 chip is detected at address 0x3c.

Then I follow your install guide for mpd_oled which works until it comes to the display test.
When I start playing a song I can hear it through my amplifier.
Then enter the following line into my ssh session:
Code:
sudo ./mpd_oled -o 6 -b 10 -g 1 -f 20 -R
The display gets initialized and show as it should be but from now on you get in trouble until you reboot!!!!
I try to describe what's going wrong:
So a song is playing and the display in testmode shows the data as expected. 
When you now press pause in the moode web ui the song get paused as expected. The display also stops but pressing play in the web ui will play the song again but you will not hear nothing.
The same happens when you skip to the next or previous song. So the player works but no audio out and also the display is not updated.

I also try finish the installation and reboot the system.
After the reboot you are not able to start the player and also the display is black.

For me this looks like a problem on i2c communication because as long as there no second device on the i2c bus everything seems to be ok.

The Herb Guy

Messages In This Thread
RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - by The Herb Guy - 03-04-2020, 11:09 PM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 01:17 PM