Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
Thanks Adrian for your prompt reply.
At this point I have to buy a new one: what do you suggest (3,5 "in color and 480x320)? Please don't forget that I would keep the 7" for the Moode Audio GUI. I will greatly appreciate your help.
Thanks again and best regards,

Francesco
Hi Francesco

The mpd_oled program supports I2C and SPI 128x64 OLED displays with an SSD1306, SSD1309, SH1106 or SSH1106 controller.

I can't guarantee that any particular display will work, but I use no-name displays like the following and have not had any issues

https://www.ebay.es/itm/Blue-1-3-OLED-LC...SwzppaR1Kz

Adrian.
Thanks again, Adrian.
Have a nice Sunday,
Francesco
What do you want to do ?
New mail
Copy
Hello,
I am new here, have installed and everything is working fine, really nice work, however when I change frome cable conection to bluetooth the spectrum dissapears.
I have the following config: nas>pi3 with hifiberry dac+ pro>ampli, moode ver 6.5.2  OK
nas> pi with bluetooth>BT reciever>ampli  not OK.
Does anyone have an idea?
Hi cris77

The spectum analyser needs a copy of the audio to work. The installation instructions for mpd_oled on Moode use mpd to create a copy. This is easy to set up, but only works when the audio source is mpd, which is not the case when you are playing through bluetooth. Creating a copy of the audio that works with all audio sources is possible, but it not easy to configure. See the following message/thread for the method

https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/is...-567146826

Adrian.
Hi Adrian,

Thank you for the prompt reply.
I had a look at the method but it seems a bit complicated to configure. Anyway the BT solution was just as a temporary solution

Cristian

What do you want to do ?
New mail
Copy
Hi all,
I tried to install but some issues with my rap zero and I2c display:
1: /boot/config.txt I am not allowed to change this within VI for some reason
2: git clone https://github.com/antiprism/mp_oled gives me fata: cold not create work tree dir 'mpd_oled": permission denied
thats where my install stops...
har
Hi har

1. Did you use sudo? If not, try

Code:
sudo vi /boot/config.txt

2. Are you working in your home directory (or a subdirectory of this)? If not, run the clone from your home directory.
Adrian.
thats better, thanks Adrian,

now the next point its not very clear to me?
sudo cp mpd_oled_fifo.conf /usr/local/etc/ ========did not work so I append the content into a new made file
sudo patch -d/ -p0 -N < moode_mpd_fifo.patch =is this still needed because of the fact I use the latest version ??

har
Hi har

What happened when you ran

Code:
sudo cp mpd_oled_fifo.conf /usr/local/etc/

If you are using the current Moode release then you need to run

Code:
sudo patch -d/ -p0 -N < moode_mpd_fifo.patch

Adrian.