Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Add UPnP Music Source
@Hendrik-Jan

Having a little more patience this time I was able to add a UPnP music source with moOde v 6.1. I have minimServer running on Synology /volume1/Music/Audition. But when I search for any music files there are none displayed. 

Using ssh it would appear that moOde did not sync files because it is not able to find the directory.
pi@moode:~ $ cat /var/log/mpd/log

Aug 28 23:36 : exception: Failed to access /var/lib/mpd/music/Audition: No such file or directory

I shutdown and put another SD card with volumio in the Pi3. After installing and configuring I browse over to media server and the minimServer is found and all the tracks in the folder are visible and I was able to play Lady Marmalade without any issue.

[Image: jfdq3wz.png]

Here is a screenshot from moOde Music source screen which seems to show the UPnP server mounted, again there are no files in the music library to be played.

[Image: mFsDcvn.png]

The mystery continues I am unable to sync music files via an NFS OR UPnP as a music source. I am not sure the above test is valid or not so if anyone has other suggestions please comment here. Thanks
### SEE NEXT POST --- what I said here is true but irrelevant ###

@Onionhead

I'm beginning to think your Synology NAS is possessed (like the 1958 Plymouth Fury in Stephen King's "Christine").

I don't think I have minimserver installed anywhere ATM, but I still have MiniDLNA Server running on my Open Media Vault NAS from when I was testing Tim's implementation of djmount. 

I used the Library Config panel to create a new Music Source pointing to it. This succeeded (green checkmark). Updated the MPD database and drove on. It was mounted in /mnt/UPNP with a complicated name but shows up in the mpd directory under the friendly name I assigned it in the Config "OMV-UPnP":

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ ls -l /mnt/UPNP
total 2
-r--r--r-- 1 root root  54 Jan  1  2000  devices
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  FIOSTV_F45FD41DF9D4
dr-xr-xr-x 8 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 'MiniDLNA Server on OpenMediaVault'

pi@moode:~ $ ls /var/lib/mpd/music
NAS  OMV-UPnP  RADIO  SDCARD  USB

The MPD log shows it added all the tracks on the server and I can select and play at will.

What do you see when you list the /var/lib/mpd/music directory after you mount your new source? I'm suspicious that "Audition" is not the advertised name of your server. [Edit] I think I might know what's going on, but let's see the directory first.[/]

Regards,
Kent
@Onionhead
@Tim Curtis

Aha. Had I used the long-form listing of the directory I would have realized what's happening.

Code:
pi@moodeLR:/var/lib/mpd/music $ ls -l
total 12
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    42 Aug 29 08:26 Kryptonite -> '/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/Music/Album'
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     8 Jul 22 13:15 NAS -> /mnt/NAS
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    55 Aug 29 06:42 OMV-UPnP -> '/mnt/UPNP/MiniDLNA Server on OpenMediaVault/Music/Album'
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 12288 Aug 23 17:20 RADIO
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    11 Jul 22 13:15 SDCARD -> /mnt/SDCARD
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     6 Jul 22 13:15 USB -> /media

Kryptonite is a MinimServer I just brought up on a linux host. OMV-UPnP is the miniDLNA server I mentioned in the previous post.

Trouble is, in both cases moOde links to the directory .../Music/Album. This directory exists on the miniDLNA server but not on the MinimServer; AIUI, it's a DLNA construct.

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ ls -l "/mnt/UPNP/MiniDLNA Server on OpenMediaVault"
total 3
dr-xr-xr-x  8 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 'Browse Folders'
dr-xr-xr-x 11 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Music
dr-xr-xr-x  9 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Pictures
dr-xr-xr-x  2 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  _search
dr-xr-xr-x  7 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Video

pi@moode:~ $ ls -l "/mnt/UPNP/MiniDLNA Server on OpenMediaVault/Music"
total 4
dr-xr-xr-x 8 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Album
dr-xr-xr-x 4 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 'All Music'
dr-xr-xr-x 8 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Artist
dr-xr-xr-x 8 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Folders
dr-xr-xr-x 6 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Genre
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Playlists
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 'Recently Added'
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  _search

#But

pi@moode:~ $ ls -l "/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]"
total 5
dr-xr-xr-x 8 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 '4 albums'
dr-xr-xr-x 4 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 '4 items'
dr-xr-xr-x 8 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 'All Artists'
dr-xr-xr-x 8 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Artist
dr-xr-xr-x 7 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Composer
dr-xr-xr-x 7 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Date
dr-xr-xr-x 4 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 '[folder view]'
dr-xr-xr-x 6 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Genre
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  _search

The MPD error messages are the natural result.

Any thoughts, Tim?

Regards,
Kent
Interesting. i assumed that all UPnP media servers generated the Music/Album folder.

@hjheins suggested using the "Browse Folders" folder.
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...9#pid12629

Whats in the "[folder view]" directory?
Code:
ls -l "/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton][folder view]"

I'm thinking that if "Browse Folders" is a DLNA standard and MinimServer uses "[folder view]" I can just code the standard and check for the exception :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-29-2019, 11:16 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: ### SEE NEXT POST --- what I said here is true but irrelevant ###

@Onionhead

I'm beginning to think your Synology NAS is possessed (like the 1958 Plymouth Fury in Stephen King's "Christine").

I don't think I have minimserver installed anywhere ATM, but I still have MiniDLNA Server running on my Open Media Vault NAS from when I was testing Tim's implementation of djmount. 

I used the Library Config panel to create a new Music Source pointing to it. This succeeded (green checkmark). Updated the MPD database and drove on. It was mounted in /mnt/UPNP with a complicated name but shows up in the mpd directory under the friendly name I assigned it in the Config "OMV-UPnP":

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ ls -l /mnt/UPNP
total 2
-r--r--r-- 1 root root  54 Jan  1  2000  devices
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  FIOSTV_F45FD41DF9D4
dr-xr-xr-x 8 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 'MiniDLNA Server on OpenMediaVault'

pi@moode:~ $ ls /var/lib/mpd/music
NAS  OMV-UPnP  RADIO  SDCARD  USB

The MPD log shows it added all the tracks on the server and I can select and play at will.

What do you see when you list the /var/lib/mpd/music directory after you mount your new source? I'm suspicious that "Audition" is not the advertised name of your server. [Edit] I think I might know what's going on, but let's see the directory first.[/]

Regards,
Kent

I agree my Synology NAS has been POSSESSED since moOde 5.0. However if in fact it is possessed why has it focused it's wrath on my favorite music player? I have no issues with other products like JR media center, volumio, or Audirvana. Just for grins I put a fresh image of moOde 4.4 on last night on another Pi3 b+. Works perfectly and music files synch without an issue. Maybe I should look for a deal on a NAS other than synology.  I have 2 working but unused mac books could they be used like a NAS? 
(08-29-2019, 01:00 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Interesting. i assumed that all UPnP media servers generated the Music/Album folder.

@hjheins suggested using the "Browse Folders" folder.
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...9#pid12629

Whats in the "[folder view]" directory?
Code:
ls -l "/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton][folder view]"

I'm thinking that if "Browse Folders" is a DLNA standard and MinimServer uses "[folder view]" I can just code the standard and check for the exception :-)

-Tim

That might do it.

With two albums copied into the ~/Music directory and the MinimServer restarted, I get 

Code:
pi@moode:/media/MUSIC/CLASSICAL $ ls -l "/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]"
total 2
dr-xr-xr-x 6 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 'Brahms, Johannes-Piano Concerto No 1 & Two Songs for Alto...'
dr-xr-xr-x 6 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 'Johannes Brahms-Ein Deutsches Requiem, Op. 45'
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  _search

The _search directory contains only some info about search capabilities.

There's a ton of information on the MinimServer website about how it scans files and about browsing the library. I don't have time right now [1] to read and digest it.

Regards,
Kent

[1] I went off the air hours ago when the CO detection system in our townhouse started shouting at us. Spent an hour standing out front, first waiting for the fire department to arrive, and then chatting with them while they searched for sources and ventilated the house. Apparently the detectors were set off by fumes from the gasoline-powered pressure washer being used by a contractor outside the house. Interesting way to find out the detectors work and that the 911 operator knows what to do.

After the FD left (classic articulated ladder truck; could barely get it turned around and back out of the development) we discovered that their industrial-strength ventilation fan had taken out a circuit breaker which in turn borked the system running MinimServer. Sigh. At least it gave me the excuse to install the latest version of the underlying O/S. Still getting everything back to where I was. 

[2] Notice the different naming schemes for the two Johannes Brahms works? That's a trivial illustration of the problems I have letting abcde automatically rip, name, and tag tracks from classical works. The ripping goes fine but getting consistent naming and tagging depends on the upstream music servers like CDDB and MusicBrainz maintaining some consistency across their holdings.
Woah, CO is deadly. I'm glad everyone's alright :-)

Heres a command to try. It prints 2 levels of dirs and could be used to populate the dropdown for SCAN.
Code:
find "/mnt/UPNP/SERVER_NAME/[folder\ view]" -maxdepth 2 -type d

Example from miniDLNA "Browse Folders" directory
Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ find "/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders" -maxdepth 2 -type d
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders/NAS
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders/NAS/_search
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders/RADIO
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders/RADIO/_search
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders/SDCARD
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders/SDCARD/Stereo Test
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders/SDCARD/.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders/SDCARD/_search
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders/USB
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders/USB/VFAT128
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders/USB/.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders/USB/_search
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders/.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Browse Folders/_search

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Again, with just the two albums loaded:

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ find "/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]" -maxdepth 2 -type d
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/Brahms, Johannes-Piano Concerto No 1 & Two Songs for Alto...
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/Brahms, Johannes-Piano Concerto No 1 & Two Songs for Alto.../>> Tag View
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/Brahms, Johannes-Piano Concerto No 1 & Two Songs for Alto.../Piano Concerto No 1 & Two Songs for Alto...
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/Brahms, Johannes-Piano Concerto No 1 & Two Songs for Alto.../.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/Brahms, Johannes-Piano Concerto No 1 & Two Songs for Alto.../_search
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/Johannes Brahms-Ein Deutsches Requiem, Op. 45
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/Johannes Brahms-Ein Deutsches Requiem, Op. 45/>> Tag View
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/Johannes Brahms-Ein Deutsches Requiem, Op. 45/Ein Deutsches Requiem, Op. 45
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/Johannes Brahms-Ein Deutsches Requiem, Op. 45/.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/Johannes Brahms-Ein Deutsches Requiem, Op. 45/_search
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/_search

But after skimming some of the MinimServer docs, I went back up a level. Before, I just had a few random tracks loaded. Now that I have two proper albums, the top level is fleshed out quite a bit:

Code:
pi@moodeLR:~ $ find "/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/" -maxdepth 2 -type d
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/2 albums
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/2 albums/Ein Deutsches Requiem, Op. 45
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/2 albums/Piano Concerto No 1 & Two Songs for Alto...
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/2 albums/.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/2 albums/_search
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/12 items
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/12 items/.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/12 items/_search
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/2 playlists
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/2 playlists/Ein Deutsches Requiem, Op. 45
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/2 playlists/Piano Concerto No 1 & Two Songs for Alto...
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/2 playlists/.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/2 playlists/_search
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/Artist
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/Artist/Brahms, Johannes
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/Artist/Johannes Brahms
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/Artist/.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/Artist/_search
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/Date
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/Date/1992
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/Date/1984
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/Date/.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/Date/_search
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/All Artists
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/All Artists/Brahms, Johannes
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/All Artists/Johannes Brahms
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/All Artists/.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/All Artists/_search
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/Brahms, Johannes-Piano Concerto No 1 & Two Songs for Alto...
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/Johannes Brahms-Ein Deutsches Requiem, Op. 45
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/[folder view]/_search
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/.metadata
/mnt/UPNP/MinimServer[krypton]/_search

Regards,
Kent
I suppose for minimServer it would suffice to just list the top directories. Can you post with maxdepth 1 ? thanks.

So basically:

// miniDLNA - list 2 levels of dirs under "Browse Folders"
if exist /mnt/UPNP/SERVER_NAME/Browse Folders then find /mnt/UPNP/SERVER_NAME/Browse Folders -maxdepth 2 -type d
- filter out dotdirs and _search

// minimServer, other - list top level dirs under server root
else find /mnt/UPNP/SERVER_NAME -maxdepth 1 -type d
Enjoy the Music!
Another approach would be to always list the server root but have a "depth" option in Library options.
Enjoy the Music!