Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Using large uSD card for OS and music
I have a 128gb uSD card, and, using Etcher created a bootable MoOde image. However, the partition is only 3gb, and I'd like to fill the rest of the uSD card with music. Is there a beginner "how-to" on how to create a music partition (using MacOS or Windows preferably...)

Thank you in advance!
Very simple, in Moode config under system page is an option to expand file system. Do this. Now you can copy music to the card over the network, Moode should have an SD card share.
Wow! Very cool.

Thank you!
moOde posts the following Samba shares:

NAS
Playlists
Radio
SDCard
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Is there a way to copy the music off the card without using Samba (i.e. mounting the card to my computer) Samba on RPI is pretty slow for 100+gigs of music.

I want to re-format the sd card and put all the music back directly if that's possible.

I don't see the music partition as a mount on my computer, just the boot partition.
(10-18-2019, 06:05 PM)Meestor_X Wrote: Is there a way to copy the music off the card without using Samba (i.e. mounting the card to my computer) Samba on RPI is pretty slow for 100+gigs of music.

I want to re-format the sd card and put all the music back directly if that's possible.

I don't see the music partition as a mount on my computer, just the boot partition.

Did you do that under Linux or Windows? Because under Linux you can see the partitions ......

Under Windows 7, the partitions are not displayed -> Ext2, Ext3 and Ext4. Unless you have a program like Paragon ExtFS or something
Looking under MacOS. I can do Windows too.

What would I need for MacOS?
(10-18-2019, 07:25 PM)Meestor_X Wrote: Looking under MacOS. I can do Windows too.

What would I need for MacOS?

It's not that easy with mac.

You also need a program like MacFUSE for Mac.
----------------------

Create a partition for mode and the rest on fat32 partition for music ..... Then that should go ....
I know large-capacity uSD cards look attractive, but think about the logistics. Minor moOde updates can be done in-place but major moOde upgrades almost invariably involve flashing an new system image to the uSD card. This means first saving off all those music files before the upgrade and then copying them back after the upgrade is complete. Same is true if for any reason moOde gets borked and has to be reflashed.

In this regard, the RPi4B looks very attractive. Music can be stored without performance penalty on a large-capacity USB3 thumbdrive. It's no more expensive, it's more reliable, it's portable, and thanks to USB3 it's fast.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent
(10-18-2019, 07:59 PM)Cardone Wrote: Create a partition for mode and the rest on fat32 partition for music ..... Then that should go ....
Would I lose SMB or any other MoOde functionality if I did that?