Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Pi Zero W and music on USB flash drive
Is there a trick to getting a Pi Zero W to recognize an external
USB flash drive with music on it?
Same drive works fine on my RPI B3 and 3+.
I have the usb OTG cable connected to the OTG port (the one closer to the middle)
When I plug in the USB stick, it crashes the zero and when it reboots, the USB drive is not showing up in MoOde.

Maybe someone’s been through this and has a suggestion?
(10-18-2019, 07:31 PM)Meestor_X Wrote: Is there a trick to getting a Pi Zero W to recognize an external
USB flash drive with music on it?
Same drive works fine on my RPI B3 and 3+.
I have the usb OTG cable connected to the OTG port (the one closer to the middle)
When I plug in the USB stick, it crashes the zero and when it reboots, the USB drive is not showing up in MoOde.

Maybe someone’s been through this and has a suggestion?

Hi. I'm running Raspberry pi Zero with moode audio for more than a year, and built several of them for my friends too. 
I directly solder a USB socket on the raspberry pi zero, I also used USB adapter cable in one of my raspberry pi zero and it works without any problem.
Please make sure your power supply is 1.2A minimum,  and try others cable if you have another one. 
please check your setting as below: 

In your configure menu, select system , and find USB auto mounter , please select "Devmon" for single core raspberry pi .

After reboot ,you should have working USB port. 
In case of raspbberry pi can detect your USB port but can't read the content of your USB drive, you need to go to configure- library- and then update MPD database. 

Hope this help.
Thank you for your reply. I don't want to solder anything to the board at this time.

You were able to get the Zero to recognize a USB drive using just an OTG cable? I can't...