Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide moOde as UPnP renderer
Could someone please point me towards using moOde as UPnP renderer so that I can use Roon for GUI/Library management?
Thanks so much for input!
(10-25-2019, 06:06 AM)biomoode Wrote: Could someone please point me towards using moOde as UPnP renderer so that I can use Roon for GUI/Library management?

Go to the moOde Audio Config page, scroll down to the UPnP/DLNA section (follows the Renderers section) and enable UPnP Client for MPD (e.g., move the slider to "On" and click "Set"). You're done.

And if you want moOde to be a DLNA Media Server, then enable that too.

Regards,
Kent
(10-25-2019, 11:21 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 06:06 AM)biomoode Wrote: Could someone please point me towards using moOde as UPnP renderer so that I can use Roon for GUI/Library management?

Go to the moOde Audio Config page, scroll down to the UPnP/DLNA section (follows the Renderers section) and enable UPnP Client for MPD (e.g., move the slider to "On" and click "Set"). You're done.

Regards,
Kent

But Roon won't work with a DLNA endpoint.  You need to either enable the Squeezelite renderer and get Roon to use that, or manually install the RoonBridge software.
Thanks, I didn't know that so just answered to the question in the subject line.
(10-25-2019, 12:56 PM)alanthebat Wrote:

Regards,
Kent

But Roon won't work with a DLNA endpoint.  You need to either enable the Squeezelite renderer and get Roon to use that, or manually install the RoonBridge software.

Enabling Squeezelite renderer would be where: in Roon or in moOde?

Thanks for the suggestion!

Regards,
Kent

Manually installing Roon Bridge: you would do installation onto the SD card that already holds moOde? And one would have to do a bit of scripting?

Essentially you wouldn’t flash Roon Bridge, as you‘d loose then moOde, correct? Can you simply copy Roon Bridge onto the moOde SD card and somehow make Roon Bridge available?

So sorry for dumb qustions!
(10-25-2019, 02:11 PM)biomoode Wrote:

Regards,
Kent

Manually installing Roon Bridge: you would do installation onto the SD card that already holds moOde? And one would have to do a bit of scripting?

Essentially you wouldn’t flash Roon Bridge, as you‘d loose then moOde, correct? Can you simply copy Roon Bridge onto the moOde SD card and somehow make Roon Bridge available?

Don't bother with any of that, just use the Squeezelite Renderer in Moode, Roon should be compatible.

If that somehow proves unsatisfactory with Roon, then by all means flash a card with the excellent RoPieee distro, it's the best and easiest way to make RPi a Roon Bridge if Squeezelite for some reason won't work for you.
(10-25-2019, 02:27 PM)MikeyFresh Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 02:11 PM)biomoode Wrote:

Regards,
Kent

Don't bother with any of that, just use the Squeezelite Renderer in Moode, Roon should be compatible.

If that somehow proves unsatisfactory with Roon, then by all means flash a card with the excellent RoPieee distro, it's the best and easiest way to make RPi a Roon Bridge if Squeezelite for some reason won't work for you.

Thanks for the infos, to everyone!

Got it to work via Squeezelite (see attached picture).

Best regards to all!

Paul

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

After having a go with Roon/moOde I tried today Audirvana to stream to moOde. My USBridge Signature runs Ropieee XL. Audirvana perfectly recognizes UPnP, but I am unable to get a track to play. Has anyone observed the same issue?
(10-26-2019, 12:54 PM)biomoode Wrote: After having a go with Roon/moOde I tried today Audirvana to stream to moOde. My USBridge Signature runs Ropieee XL. Audirvana perfectly recognizes UPnP, but I am unable to get a track to play. Has anyone observed the same issue?

No I do not have that issue, I have Audirvana+ on my Mac and it sees and streams to Moode UPnP Renderers with absolutely no problems.

You post is quite confusing because you seem to be asking about Audirvana streaming to Moode, however you also then make a random mention of your USBridge Signature running Ropieee, which is irrelevant/off topic to this forum and thread (Ropieee is only a 3rd party Roon Bridge developed for RPi and has nothing at all to do with Moode or UPnP).

If you have properly reconfigured your Moode instance as a UPnP Renderer, there is no reason why Audirvana+ shouldn't stream to it.