Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Scanning for networks fails when in AP mode
I have 6.3.0 installed and am using a Panda usb RALINK RT5372 wireless adapter on a raspberry pi zero (original, obviously). It works great out of the box and was using AP mode right away, however I have tried several times to SCAN for wireless networks while in AP mode and it always returns that there aren't any available. So I attempted from the terminal and found that I had to do an iw scan with -ap-force argument to get it to display available SSID's in the terminal.

Is there a fix for this so it will work in the moode interface?
AP mode scans work fine with the integrated Pi wifi adapters so if its failing it must be something with this particular adapter or family of adapters.

I wouldn't call this a fix per se but I can add to the TODO list as an enhancement. Currently I'm using "iwlist wlan0 scan ..." and would have to convert to and test "iw wlan0 scan ...". A quick test with the -ap-force param when not in AP mode produces a blank list. This means that some additional logic would be needed to determine whether to add the param.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-13-2019, 04:40 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: A quick test with the -ap-force param when not in AP mode produces a blank list.

Yeah, that complicates things a bit. I have another Moode player on a rPi 3b and I thought it worked fine scanning in AP mode, so i think you're right that this is particular to this adapter. Certainly not a high priority TODO item, but i thought I'd put it out there in case any one else runs into the issue.

Thanks for your prompt response.