Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Integrated file manager function
I would like to be able to organize my music within Moode instead of that I have to do this either remote by using a file manager on an external computer or on the console of the Raspberry. E.g. copy or move all contents under "Carlos Santana" to a folder "Santana", respetively to rename the folder accordingly.
Can't you install Ranger?
McLaine...

I see what you desire but wonder if any benefit wouldn't be outweighed by the downsides.....even with an automatic database regen on use it may well appear to new users that the whole system has slowed and heaven help us from O/C types constantly rearranging files 

Besides, a) Playlists serve a somewhat otg solution. 

b) Given that you're accessing the MoOde UI from another device, which may have a many more times powerful hardware, why not use its filemanager ?

@grasshopper 
Thanks for that..I hadn't heard of Ranger before.. Smile
----------
bob
I ssh into the rpi and

sudo apt-get install mc

the just run mc whenever I need to do much with files
+1 for mc

mc is a 2 pane browser, i set up the right pane as shell link to NAS folder

Makes for easy copying/syncing
all understood, but however, I would like the option to rename files and rearrange them within the tool which it is for.

as example I like to add my common use case: When I get new music, downloaded or from wherever I usually do not sort it in but put it in a folder "unsorted". Later after I've it listened several times I usually sort it in.
I can't see developing a Web based file manager from scratch but if there is an Open Source project for a Web based utility then I can look at adding a launch option similar to the existing option for the Web based SSH terminal.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Quote:I would like the option to rename files and rearrange them

But... whatever you're connecting to the Pi from is on the network and has a file manager application yes? Why would you need to install one on the Pi?
(12-12-2019, 09:40 AM)vinnn Wrote:
Quote:I would like the option to rename files and rearrange them

But... whatever you're connecting to the Pi from is on the network and has a file manager application yes? Why would you need to install one on the Pi?

the idea is exactly not to install a file manager application on the PI, but to use the application which I have already opened.

Just to ilustrate the use case:

I realize that I have  a folder "Santana" and a folder "Carlos Santana". In order not to switch the application it would be nice if I could cure this by duing it within the application I've already opened (Moode UI).
(12-13-2019, 10:35 PM)McLaine Wrote: I realize that I have  a folder "Santana" and a folder "Carlos Santana". In order not to switch the application it would be nice if I could cure this by duing it within the application I've already opened (Moode UI).

I know exactly what you mean.  You want to fix the problem as soon as you find it.    

Trouble is this is a lot of work to implement.  It's also not just folders, but metadata/tags that need maintaining and fixing. Probably be better to keep moOde simple in this area.