Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

miniDLNA server problem
Hello!

Just setup Moode player 6.4 on Raspi4 B, hifiberry Digi+ pro   .. all music is on USB stick.
All working nicely but the miniDLNA Server  ...  its found by clients but only shows empty folders.
Days ago I tried Volumio, added that miniDLNA plugin, worked ootb.

When I hit "REBUILD" the DNLA Database, I only get a message "DB rebuild initiated" but nothing seems to happen.
Where to start troubleshooting? Guess I may have to edit minidlna.conf?

Thanks for your time

pinback
Switch to 32-bit kernel if previously on 64-bit.

After turning on miniDLNA you should see a count of the Audio files it has indexed by clicking the VIEW button.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I havn't been on 64bit kernel, it was on 32 after install, so I didn't change it.

Here' s a screenshot of that "View" window:

https://filebin.net/5n4xjl9vcfrhyxc4/min...t=0sm55m5k

When I press REBUILD DLNA database button, a small popup appears for a few seconds, saying "databasa rebuild initiated", but disappears after few seconds. Then I waited 30 minutes (should be enough for 90 Gb music on USB stick?), but still nothing (screenshot) ...

Thanks for your help!
I don't see the image. Just use "Choose file", "Add attachment"

You could also verify miniDLNA is running.

Code:
pgrep minidlnad

And turn logging on by editing /etc/minidlna.conf. Comment out log_level=off and uncomment the line above it. The log file is /var/log/minidlna.log. you will need to turn OFF/ON miniDLNA after changing logging option.

Code:
# The default is to log all types of messages at the "warn" level.
#log_level=general,artwork,database,inotify,scanner,metadata,http,ssdp,tivo=warn
log_level=off
Enjoy the Music!
sry, was wrong link to image, edited it.
It says:
1 Generic DLNA 1.5 192.168.178.26 44:33:4C:40:3E:2B

..ain't that my DLNA server?

But will do what you suggested, gimme a few minutes Wink
Code:
pi@moode:~ $ pgrep -a minidlnad                                                                                                                              
13660 /usr/sbin/minidlnad -f /etc/minidlna.conf -P /run/minidlna/minidlna.pid -r  

pi@moode:/etc $ sudo nano minidlna.conf
pi@moode:/etc $ cat /var/log/minidlna.log
[2019/12/17 17:33:34] minidlna.c:1060: warn: Starting MiniDLNA version 1.2.1.                                                                                
[2019/12/17 17:33:34] minidlna.c:355: warn: Creating new database at /media/cache/files.db                                                                    
[2019/12/17 17:33:34] minidlna.c:1101: warn: HTTP listening on port 8200                                                                                      
[2019/12/17 17:33:34] scanner.c:730: warn: Scanning /var/lib/mpd/music        
Here is what my VIEW page shows as it's scanning the MPD database.

Code:
Media library

Audio files    242
Video files    0
Image files    0

* Media scan in progress
Connected clients

ID    Type    IP Address    HW Address    Connections
0    Unknown    192.168.1.155    B8:E8:56:03:D1:74    0

0 connections currently open
Enjoy the Music!
Yeah. Mine doesn't say "media scan in progress" ....

..any further recommendations? Purge/reinstall minidlna?

...could you give me your minidlna.conf to compare?
@pinback

You keep asking about the minidlna.conf file. Have you been hand-editing it (other that Tim's suggested change to enable logging)?

This all should work out of the box and always has on the dozens of players I've spun up during testing since the feature was added .

The default minidlna.conf settings tells miniDLNA to scan /var/lib/mpd/music and all its subdirectories for audio files only.

You mention that all your tracks are on a USB drive. The symlink /var/lib/mpd/music/USB points to the mount point /media. You should see your drive mounted at /media/<drive name>.  Is it there? If it isn't then miniDLNA has nothing to scan. If it is, then perhaps there is something in your directories which is inhibiting the scan (strictly conjecture based on MPD's known behavior. I have to do my homework to find out more about miniDLNA's inner workings. )

FYI, once miniDLNA has completed its scan, the "Media scan" message goes away.

Regards,
Kent
No, havn't edited minidlna.conf manually before I made Tim's suggested change to get logs. Asked cuz thought the moode GUI may have made changes to it while I tried to figure out setting up the server.

And yes, i can see my USBstick (named "Alles") in /media ..
All i can say that the same USBstick works in volumio's minidlna plugin flawlessly, so guess theres nothing wrong in its directories.

Tomorrow I am going to do a fresh install, maybe I messed things totally up using the GUI to setup Upnp/DLNA stuff.

Thank you both very much for your input, really appreciate it.

Frank