Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: I2S IanFIFO II output limited to 192kHz ...
Hello ,
 could anybody tell me why "I2S IanFIFO ii" option is limited to 192kHz  upsampling ? I mean - i can set 384kHz option in SoX Resampling  
 but output is always max 192 kHz .... why ?   
moOde assigns the hifiberry-dac I2S driver for Ian FIFO II and this driver is limited to 192K max. If there is a different driver for Ian FIFO II that supports higher rates then let me know.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-22-2020, 02:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde assigns the hifiberry-dac I2S driver for Ian FIFO II and this driver is limited to 192K max. If there is a different driver for Ian FIFO II that supports higher rates then let me know.

-Tim

Hmmmm , so - the driver is needed to "put" I2S stream to RPi's GPIO  ?  i can choose "hifiberry dac+ " and it works... only there is "chip options"  with some filters settings which i don't want / need ....  I forgot about drivers  - no I2S output without drivers ... right ... (I'm using Ian's FiFopi now , but Ian's FiFo II is 384kHz capable too... and i think that hifiberrydac+ driver would be better option.... ? without  chip options.. ) sorry if i'm wrong... : )

- senik
Your best bet would be to ask the questions in the diyAudio Forum where Ian's boards are discussed. I'm sure he would know which drivers work with his boards and at which rates, etc.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub