Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Official moOde 6.5.0 support thread
(04-25-2020, 07:16 PM)Dradder Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 03:56 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 03:17 PM)Dradder Wrote: Downloaded, installed, got running -- doesn't work for me. When I try to regenerate database of my attached USB drives, it runs for a while, then throws a "MPD Error" message and quits. I realize there's been some mention that Moode isn't really designed for use with large music collections, but my 6.2.0 installation works perfectly with mine; granted, it does take a while to index all the files, but it does do it eventually, with no hangups or stalls. None of the Moode upgrades since 6.2.0 work correctly in this regard, so I'll just keep running 6.2.0, since I really do love this program, and I appreciate all your hard work on it. Thanks!

Prolly a bug in MPD.

Post the error message(s) from MPD log and I'll b happy to investigate.

Here's a screen shot of the error message that pops up when the progress spinner stops, and Moode 6.5.0 stops regenerating the database of my external USB drives:

Attachment

That error message suggests that MPD may have crashed during DB update.

To begin troubleshooting:

1. Reboot
2. Open an SSH terminal
3. tail -f /var/log/mpd/log
4. Menu, Configure, Library, Regenerate MPD database
NOTE: Stay on the Library screen until spinner clears

Check status of MPD
1. pgrep mpd
This will return a number of MPD is running. If MPD has crashed it returns nothing
2. Note the last song in the MPD log.

I'm curious, how many tracks in the collection?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official moOde 6.5.0 support thread - by Tim Curtis - 04-25-2020, 07:53 PM