Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: NAS disappeared
Hello everyone, my fight with Synology continue  :S
I've re-mount NAS (new HDD), green flag, albums processed in VIEW STATUS, but in library page the NAS folder desappeared.. 
I tried to re-mount, update, reboot ecc but no way to see Synology..what happened? Maybe image corrupted for strange reasons?

Probably i forgot something stupid, but i can't see what... Thanks..
Blixa

Quote:I've re-mount NAS (new HDD), green flag, albums processed in VIEW STATUS, but in library page the NAS folder desappeared.. 
I tried to re-mount, update, reboot ecc but no way to see Synology..what happened? Maybe image corrupted for strange reasons?

I ran into same problem with the Synology on SMB. Couldn't get my finger behind it.
Even did a complete reinstall (with the latest image). Same result, Syno appears, green flag, but when I updated the library, a MPD socket error appeared after 5-10 minutes and the Syno had a red cross.

Until I switched to NFS.... Works flawless!

Here is a small guide how to enable and configure NFS on the Synology.

The Squash setting must be set to "Map all users to Admin".

Hope this helps....

Screenshot Mo0de setting Library config:

Thumbs Up 
(05-06-2020, 10:13 PM)SimonLeBon Wrote: Blixa

Quote:I've re-mount NAS (new HDD), green flag, albums processed in VIEW STATUS, but in library page the NAS folder desappeared.. 

I ran into same problem with the Synology on SMB. Couldn't get my finger behind it.
Even did a complete reinstall (with the latest image). Same result, Syno appears, green flag, but when I updated the library, a MPD socket error appeared after 5-10 minutes and the Syno had a red cross.

Until I switched to NFS.... Works flawless!

Here is a small guide how to enable and configure NFS on the Synology.

The Squash setting must be set to "Map all users to Admin".

Hope this helps....

Screenshot Mo0de setting Library conf

Thanks Simon, this weekend i'll try it  Smile
No changes Simon:i follow that guide, green flag and album processed but no NAS folder.. At this point i think that the image is corrupted...
I try to connect NAS directly to Pi via usb, like Tim suggested to me time ago, but i must to create a network point upstairs (NAS downstairs, end upstairs) using an empty phone line into the wall..
Its probably a permissions issue.

You could try turning on Verbose logging in MPD then Update the library.

Examine the MPD log for errors
cat /var/log/mpd/log
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-08-2020, 04:41 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Its probably a permissions issue.

You could try turning on Verbose logging in MPD then Update the library.

Examine the MPD log for errors
cat /var/log/mpd/log

Hi Tim, no changes with Verbote...maybe i'm wrong but i can't see evidence of errors (for my knowledge):
You posted the Moode log

There is an option in MPD Config for Logging. Its at the bottom of the screen.

After setting it to Verbose, do Menu, Update library. When its complete Try the cmd below.

Code:
cat /var/log/mpd/log
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-08-2020, 06:02 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You posted the Moode log

There is an option in MPD Config for Logging. Its at the bottom of the screen.

After setting it to Verbose, do Menu, Update library. When its complete Try the cmd below.

Code:
cat /var/log/mpd/log

Sorry Tim, i thought Moode log was enough.
I already selected Verbose but nothing changed but by cmd there's somethings strange, it's a continous flow of data: 

https://postimg.cc/LJGsHDmz

Edit: i've just try in another Pi, with Moode 6.0 image, it works.
So, could be the image corrupted?
Ok, with a fresh image it's solved.
A question: with NAS connected via USB to Pi is it right that'S detected in Library always like NAS and not usb? Maybe a stupid question.. :-)
(05-09-2020, 08:48 AM)Blixa Wrote: ...
Edit: i've just try in another Pi, with Moode 6.0 image, it works.
So, could be the image corrupted?

Glad that it finally works, Blixa.
Could be corruption (can happen when you disable the power without shutting down the Pi), could be a setting that was wrong (i.e. a simple character on a wrong place).

Did you use SMB or NFS?
For me, NFS feels smoother/more responsive than SMB (when it works).

I still need to get comfortable with the UI of Mo0de, it works and sounds great (with cheap-ass PCM5122 DAC), but operating is not that intuitive to me (yet, I'm an old fart).
I ordered a 7" touch display to tinker some more with Mo0de..