Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Quit smoking and spend $5 for a good cause
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
Hello to all fans moode audio ..... Smile Smile
You do a great job and for that I want to take you on ...
I wish you a Merry Christmas with your family and is well over the New Year ....

Ciao a tutti da Cardone ... Smile Smile
Hi moOde fans,
(12-08-2019, 11:55 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 09:15 AM)JST1963 Wrote: Hi moOde fans,

Developing, testing and maintaining software is a costly hobby. Especially if a forum is used to inform and support people.
So I have a suggestion (the first in a long row…)

I don't know how many of you still smoke? (I don't, I quit 19 years ago).
Anyway, if those who do, smoke each day one (1) less cigarette, well, by the end of the month you saved a pack of cigs. Now I don't have any idea how much a pack costs these days (depends on the country I guess) but I'm pretty sure it's more than 5 bucks.

Now, why don't you consider spending this $5 to a good use, and donate it to Tim and his moOde team.
Every bit helps. And even if you do this every month, you won't feel it in your wallet, but it will certainly help out Tim.

OK, that's all for now. Until I come up with another idea.
If you have some, don't hesitate to post them here.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Johan

Anybody followed this suggestion?
If not, pity, not for moOde, but for yours and everybody else's health

I can't comment on the US as I am in the UK, but there has been enough education over the years to encourage people to stop smoking, our NHS issue free advice, nicotine patches & sprays to anyone who wants them, smoking is banned in workplaces (incl. outdoor areas) with the exception of outdoor smoking shelters, no smoking is allowed in restaurants, bars, public transport etc.  You can't smoke in the car with minors due to passive smoking.
The tax on a pack of 20 makes it over £11 a pack now on average I believe.

At 20 a day that's the equivalent of a Chord Mojo a month.

Anyway, $5 a month is the least people can give & most of us with this hobby can afford that I would suggest.

That said, hardware suppliers could probably do more.  I actually emailed ALLO to ask if they donated to projects like MoOde, they didn't reply so I won't buy their DACs.
Hi moOde fans,
@JST1963 it made me sit up and think when it was discussed in another thread, then I saw how manufacturers provide their own versions of MoOde and others to help sell their products. Given that MoOde doesn't have a paid tier, it's all Foss, it struck me as a bit parasitic. I like how MoOde is a hobbyist project, available for everyone I'd not like to see it go.
Chaps,

Before doing a 'Greta' on certain or all DAC manufacturers we need to condider that this matter is solely between Tim Curtis and the said manufacturer. We are not privy (or at least not all of us). There may be certain agreements in play... or not.

I believe that Tim or somebody from the MoOde team would speak out should the need arises.
Quote:Before doing a 'Greta'

lol... trending phrase for 2020 !!  and you started it... Smile
----------
bob
OK, at least I have one good intention for the year 2020.... hush for the rest of the year and try not to interfear with someone else's business....
(12-10-2019, 06:41 AM)CallMeMike Wrote: Chaps,

Before doing a 'Greta' on certain or all DAC manufacturers we need to condider that this matter is solely between Tim Curtis and the said manufacturer. We are not privy (or at least not all of us). There may be certain agreements in play... or not.

I believe that Tim or somebody from the MoOde team would speak out should the need arises.

I actually asked Allo if they donated to "projects like MoOde" that help them sell hardware as I was interested in a Katana, it's the sort of thing I do as a consumer.  I have no intention nor the time to email any & all hardware manufacturers.