Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: New user with CIFS folder-art issue. moOde 6.5.2.
Hi!

Just got into the Rasp-PI music-player game!
My system consists of:
Device: HIFI Digi+
Chip: Wolfson WM8804G
Interface: I2S
Formats: S16_LE, S24_LE
Platform: Pi-4B 2GB v1.1
PSU: iFi iPower Low Noise DC Power Supply 5V
moOde player: Release 6.5.2 2020-05-03
Pre-amp: Marantz AV7704 11.2
Amp: Monolith 7x200 Watts

Issue:
Cover Art Not Displaying From Files on NAS.
Followed the tip in the thread in http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=1546 but even if I shortened my cifs path from 3 to 2 (NAS-OMV/Music), it still does not show cover art.
What is the naming convention for cover art? Any obvious setting I might have missed?

Do you have a page with future/working-on features? Maybe with votes to see what feature(s) people want next?

Thanks a bunch for the great player!
Quote:Do you have a page with future/working-on features? Maybe with votes to see what feature(s) people want next?

<Warning: I'm feeling like the old curmudgeon I am this afternoon; not getting enough quality time with my grandkids>

I would suggest that what we need instead is a page where new developers can sign in to alert us about the future/working-on features they expect to submit as a pull request to the moOde repo.

I would also suggest you split posts like this into several parts and post the parts in appropriate sections of the forum so we don't clutter the support section with comparisons of players, proposals of other technologies that must be incorporated, and expressions of satisfaction/dissatisfaction with the current player.

AFAICT only your problem with coverart is a support issue but you haven't provided any technical information from which we can deduce the problem. Coverart from tracks on every type of NAS I have works fine for me, whether embedded in the tracks or separate files in album directories.

Regards,
Kent
(06-01-2020, 11:26 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
Quote:Do you have a page with future/working-on features? Maybe with votes to see what feature(s) people want next?

<Warning: I'm feeling like the old curmudgeon I am this afternoon; not getting enough quality time with my grandkids>

I would suggest that what we need instead is a page where new developers can sign in to alert  us about the future/working-on features they expect to submit as a pull request  to the moOde repo.

AFAICT only your problem with coverart is a support issue but you haven't provided any technical information from which we can deduce the problem. Coverart from tracks on every type of NAS  I have works fine for me, whether embedded in the tracks or separate files in album directories.

Regards,
Kent

Ok, point taken! Moved feature-stuff over to a new threads here: http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=2613

Also, seems it was user-error from me! If one clicks the down-arrow next to library, I can change to "Album", and then the covers show up! Sorry for the noob question, still learning to navigate this application!
@odinb 

Thanks. Glad you were able to solve your issue.

Regards,
Kent
(06-01-2020, 11:26 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:

I would suggest that what we need instead is a page where new developers can sign in to alert  us about the future/working-on features they expect to submit as a pull request  to the moOde repo.

I would also suggest you split posts like this into several parts and post the parts in appropriate sections of the forum so we don't clutter the support section with comparisons of players, proposals of other technologies that must be incorporated, and expressions of satisfaction/dissatisfaction with the current player.

AFAICT only your problem with coverart is a support issue but you haven't provided any technical information from which we can deduce the problem. Coverart from tracks on every type of NAS  I have works fine for me, whether embedded in the tracks or separate files in album directories.

Regards,
Kent

The standard Git PR mechanism is more than sufficient. The beauty of it is that truly quality PR's reflect a dev thats spent the time to really understand the code and how to modify and improve it :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub