Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: RPi 4b connected via I2S to SABRE ES9038Q2M DAC POPs at manual Track Change
(07-18-2020, 02:19 PM)AudioFool77 Wrote: Thanks Tim

So you mean they implemented the automute feature in their "Driver" or custom "Firmware"?

I just saw in the ES9038Q2M datasheet, that they only support the automute feature with PCM and SPDIF, but no in DSD mode.
so at least they also "must" have pops in DSD mode, if they have not an additional solution?

But again, it is strange that I don´t have it always, just somtimes... Maybe the chinese board supports it to, but it works not that good or always?

Maybe someone else has experience with this board on a RPI?:

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/329673938...4c4dxlfTUw

Thanks

I've never experienced audio glitches with DSD/DoP with either Katana or Revolution.

ESS automute is a feature included in the 9038 DAC chip itself. Providing access to it would be a function of the firmware in the audio device. If the feature were also exposed to Linux ALSA as a configurable option it would be implemented in the device driver which would communicate with the firmware to read/write the setting. The Revolution DAC only exposes the ESS chip features via a hardware front panel joystick and OLED display. The exception is the nice 32-bit low distortion volume control in the ESS chip. Thats accessible via ALSA as a mixer named "Revolution" and in turn can be set in moOde MPD Config as Hardware volume :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPi 4b connected via I2S to SABRE ES9038Q2M DAC POPs at manual Track Change - by Tim Curtis - 07-18-2020, 03:34 PM