Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Turn equaliser on/off via ssh command?
I would like to add a physical bass boost button to the player I am making. In theory this must be possible by using the GPIO button handler to toggle one of the Lo Boost presets on and off.

Is there an ssh command I can use to do this? It would be nice if something like this were possible:
Code:
/var/www/eqg.sh Lo-Boost

Is there maybe another way to do this?
Sure.
- Using the UI set the EQ to Lo-Boost
- The two commands below switch the MPD output between 1 - ALSA default (No EQ) and 3 - ALSA graphic eq

mpc enable only 1
mpc enable only 3

mpc outputs
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Ooh nice! Thanks!
When I play music through MPC, for instance a radio station, it kind of works if I do this:
Code:
mpc enable only 4;mpc play

There is a very short hickup. Without mpc play the music simply stops.

It doesn’t work when I stream via Spotify Connect though. The music keeps playing with the previous equaliser settings. The "mpc play" or "mpc pause" commands don’t work with Spotify. Do you know if there are any specific Spotify commands? I tried something like "librespot pause" but that doesn’t work.
I haven’t tested it with Airplay yet.
- The "mpc enable only X" commands only apply to MPD. There is no API to set the EQ's via command line. It currently has to be done through the UI and in this case it will also reconfigure the Airplay and Spotify outputs to route through the EQ's.

- You prolly want in your script the commands below

mpc enable only 4 && mpc play
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub