Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Clear Play History not working
Hi Tim,

I just installed 4.2 today and it looks great. I played around with it a bit before putting the sdcard in my 24/7 player. When I got finished testing, I clicked the "Clear playlist history" and nothing gets removed. Its not a real big issue....just thought I would let you know.

Also curious if 4.2 addresses the duplicates in the playlist history.

Thanks again for another GREAT update!!!

Gary
Hi Gary,

I looked in my notes and don't see any references to changing the Play history code but bugs and regressions can never be ruled out.

I'll investigate.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Gary,

Just tested and it works on my end.

Take a look in the moode log and verify that the line below appears after clearing the log.

20180715 195046 worker: Job clearplayhistory

After clearing the Playhistory log the file below will have only a single line.

pi@rp3:~ $ cat /var/local/www/playhistory.log
20180715 195046 Log initialized

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Hi Tim,

Its not clearing..... I have the log initialized line at the beginning and then the entire log. I tried it several more times and no go. I assume I can manually go in and delete everything except the initialize line and do the same. When I click the "Clear" button, the screen refreshes and seems like it does something, but everything is still in the file when I ssh into the Pi.

Thanks again,
Gary
Very odd.

You can try just deleting the file. It will be created afresh and initialized at the next reboot.

sudo rm /var/local/www/playhistory.log

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Yep, its strange. I can remove the file, reboot and it gets created. Play a couple songs and click CLEAR and nothing is removed.

added....I run this in shuffle mode, just incase that makes any difference.

Gary
(07-16-2018, 03:25 AM)Big G Wrote: Yep, its strange. I can remove the file, reboot and it gets created. Play a couple songs and click CLEAR and nothing is removed.

added....I run this in shuffle mode, just incase that makes any difference.

Gary

Tim,
A little more info I just discovered.....maybe it is a Firefox issue. I just tried clearing the playlist history from my Android phone and I got a confirmation box asking if I wanted to clear the playlist history. I am never seeing that confirmation box on Firefox. Once I selected YES, the list cleared as normal.

Hope this is helpful,
Gary
Auto-shuffle?
Enjoy the Music!
(07-16-2018, 03:42 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Auto-shuffle?

Yes, auto shuffle.....I forgot what the exact name was when I was typing that LOL
It shouldn't have any influence on clearing Playhistory but I'll try and repro and see what shakes.
Enjoy the Music!