Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Spotify playing now
Thumbs Up 
Hello,
 I got everything I wanted from Moode, added 2 screens, a small one with the clock and spectrum display, the other one bigger showing Moode UI.
Now the only thing missing is the art display and artist playing from Spotify.
I tried Qobuz with bubbleupnp app on android, and everything is showing on the screen.
So it will be nice if Moode would show Spotify screen.
I agree!!!

On HiFiBerry OS, when streaming from Spotify, one has the view on track, cover, and is able to >> and <<. Is it possible with MoOde Audio to have these functionality? I don't quite catch why the http://moode.local is blurred and inaccessible while the Spotify connect is in use.

Tim, any insights about this?
Volumio displays cover, track and time bar, it's integrated into it, no need to open Spotify'app.
For that to happen here, I think they said they need somebody completely dedicated to spotify to be able to deal with constant change in script, it's too much for the team.
(02-26-2021, 09:08 AM)gregvds Wrote: I agree!!!

On HiFiBerry OS, when streaming from Spotify, one has the view on track, cover, and is able to >> and <<. Is it possible with MoOde Audio to have these functionality? I don't quite catch why the http://moode.local is blurred and inaccessible while the Spotify connect is in use.

Tim, any insights about this?

moOde simply acts as a speaker for Bluetooth, Airplay, Spotify Connect, Squeezelite and in upcoming 7.1.0 RoonBridge. It's a consistent and robust mechanism for managing all of the renderers. In any case, all the metadata and cover art is already displayed on the sending client. Yes there is a subtlety in that the "Connect" type renderers dont need the sending client once an album or playlist is started and thus they can be thought of as clients themselves.

As always though, the door is open if a dev wants to volunteer their time and effort to contribute to moOde.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks everyone and especially Tim, to have taken the time to answer to my question. At the moment, functionality is perfect, so it's not blocking in any way. It would be nice, but I understand the difficulty to dedicate the time to this only in regards to other developments, bugfixes and evolution.

Would it just be possible to keep access to the m button, even while playing from Spotify Connect, or is it impossible?

All the best
Not really, due to way the modal backdrop covers the entire screen.

What do you need off the menu while Spotify is playing?
Enjoy the Music!
Oh, nothing fundamental, I was just tinkering around with the preferences and configuration, while listening to local files, the sending some other Spotify tune, and just back in Moode.local, found it 'blocked' by the Spotify Connect. I was wondering if it was mandatory to keep the UI on hold and do nothing during the time.

Truely Tim, nothing wrong, and nothing needed.

Thanks again to read and answer here to all of our questions.
Hi! New moOde / forum user here.

I would love to find a way to see song metadata on the screen while playing Spotify as a renderer.

I understand that moOde uses librespot to act as a spotify connect endpoint.

I've searched in that project, and see that the core librespot library doesn't have a direct way to get that info. At Volumio, what they have done is to use a custom daemon to launch librespot (https://github.com/ashthespy/Vollibrespot).

This daemon then"publishes" metadata using UDP.

I'll maybe take a look at how this daemon could be used in moOde, and how to show a simple display to show the metadata.

I see as well that there's an OLED module that shows "now play" info. It could be great if that module could benefit from that.

Any hints as to where to start digging in moOde source?
You are of course welcome to investigate the sources but IME dealing with renderer metadata proved to be complex and unreliable.
Enjoy the Music!
(03-21-2021, 01:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You are of course welcome to investigate the sources but IME dealing with renderer metadata proved to be complex and unreliable.

Thanks! I’ll report back if I find something useful to be shared.

EDIT: I copy here this (maybe relevant) link.