Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Connecting a QNAP NAS
I have done due diligence on finding a solution before posting.  I am trying out my Allo DigiOne player with all the OS products available.  Volumio mapped my QNAP NAS music files without issue (so I know it and MPD work together).  I have also had success mapping my WDMyCloud NAS (so I know MPD is working to map drives in Moode). Or course, I could just be satisfied with that, but it's a puzzle I want to see solved.

The error I get when clicking moode.log is as follows:

sourceMount(): Mount error: (mount error(2): No such file or directory
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs))

The Music Library is located here (in win 7)

\\NAS3A7BE5TS451\Multimedia\My Music

The path setting in moode is here:

NAS3A7BE5TS451/Multimedia/My Music

If I don't add the folders, the system gives the error code of 'Share cannot be blank'.  Leaving off the 'My Music' or listing other folders on the drive produce the same results.  I have made sure the user account has full access to all the folders in question.  I have also tried the admin user with the same code about 'no such file or directory'.  Makes me think MPD is asking for a folder and getting a blank stare from the NAS, so asking whether MPD has permission to access the folder is not an issue in the sequence as the folder doesn't exist. 

The 'NAS3A7BE5TS451' is found when I have moode scan for a path.  By contrast my WDMyCloud shows up as 'WDMYCLOUDMIRROR/Public' and I edit it to 'WDMYCLOUDMIRROR/Public/Shared Music' for a successful link to the music on that device.

The mount flags are here:

vers=2.0,sec=none,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777

I have tried vers 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1. Also sec=none and ntlm. (I did not try all the combinations for these.) I also tried deleting vers and sec.

Not sure what to do next.  I do see references in posts (especially from Tim) to enter codes.  I am not sure if that is somewhere in the Moode interface or if I should be on a keyboard in the Allo player. Similarly I have looked into the MPD manual, but was unable to figure out how to trouble shoot at that level (how to read codes and enter commands).

Thanks in advance for the help.
Did some more tinkering. Inserted my Volumio OS and looked at its mount settings. (after installing PUTTY for SSH to the RasPi IP address, login 'pi', password 'moodeaudio'. I used the command 'mount' to see the settings.) Finally was able to get it working using the IP address and the following settings:

192.168.1.xxx/Multimedia/My Music
Mount Flags: vers=2.0,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0666

I was also able to get it installed using NFS, also again using the IP address.

I should note that the scan function does not find and label the NAS by IP address. Those having trouble should try using the IP.

FWIW, the moderator's comments were not especially helpful, even dismissive: "there is no magic to learn"..."only you know what that is [configuration of your specific NAS]"..."Guessing at the answers rarely works." That being said it was a lengthy and organized response. For most of us newbee's who are setting up this stuff, we mostly plug it in and hopefully it works. Even when it does, we don't have any real understanding of why or how (we just celebrate and thank the digital gods--possibly through PayPal). I was hoping for some tips on where or what settings to look for (QNAP is a fairly common NAS brand) both on the NAS and in Moode. Searching for SMB on the interwebs was totally unhelpful, other than to define what it is. I really wish I could have gotten to a command line (like the DOS days of old!) with some suggested commands to run. I know there are a lot of things happening underneath the surface. Moode is a very nice GUI that make getting our hands dirty unnecessary, but when the GUI cannot accomplish the task then getting below the surface is necessary. I guess maybe few people have problems linking a NAS, but if it is a common problem, maybe a tutorial would be helpful.
I apologize. The offending post has been deleted.