Thank you for your donation!


cfg_radio table - some (perhaps) odd entries
#1
Whilst developing a script, I extracted the station, name and genre from cfg_radio into a csv file
Code:
select station,name,genre from cfg_radio;

Surprised at some of the records (however I know nothing about sql db's).

1. The final record "looks" strange - but probably does have a purpose. 

This is the record "zx reserved 499","zx reserved 499",""

2. 95% of the remaining records are as you would expect - but 5% have "DELETED" rather than a Url in the station field. I've copied a fragment of the file below. 

Just wondering why those "DELETED records exist? They don't seem to have any adverse effect on the UI/functionality. MoOde version is 6.7.1


File Fragment 
http://stream.absolutradio.de/hot/mp3-128/radioplayer/,"Absolut Hot","Top 40,Charts,Electro,Hip Hop"
http://stream.absolutradio.de/hq/mp3-160/radioplayer/,"Absolut music XL","Pop,Rock"
http://stream.absolutradio.de/relax/mp3-...dioplayer/,"Absolut Relax","80's,90's,Pop"
http://radio.stereoscenic.com/asp-h,"Ambient Sleeping Pill",Ambient
DELETED,"Amys FM (320K)",""
DELETED,"Amys FM Spirit of Soul (320K)",""
http://5.152.208.98:8058,"Ancient FM - Mediaeval and Renaissance Music","Classical,Mediaeval,Renaissance"
http://119.15.96.188/stream2.mp3,"ArtSound FM 92.7","Classical,Jazz,Folk,World Music"
http://94.23.201.38:8000,"Audiophile Baroque","Classical,Baroque"
http://94.23.201.38:8010,"Audiophile Classical",Classical
http://94.23.201.38:8020,"Audiophile Jazz",Jazz
Reply
#2
The 499 row id is a placeholder row that separates the built in moOde stations from user-added stations. There is a code block behind the new Radio Manager dialog that tests the row id and the station type to support a Show/Hide feature.

I decided to keep rows for stations whose playable URL was no longe valid or where in some cases the stations no longer existed. They have "DELETED" in the station column. It makes it a bit easier to reuse the rows in an in-place update.
Reply
#3
(11-22-2020, 07:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The 499 row id is a placeholder row that separates the built in moOde stations from user-added stations. There is a code block behind the new Radio Manager dialog that tests the row id and the station type to support a Show/Hide feature.

I decided to keep rows for stations whose playable URL was no longe valid or where in some cases the stations no longer existed. They have "DELETED" in the station column. It makes it a bit easier to reuse the rows in an in-place update.

Thanks Tim
Reply


Forum Jump: